Page 211 of 1090 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221261311711 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 10894

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 211

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    Oh, please, please, PLEASE get a rescued Shiba who really needs a good home, and not something from a breeder. There are all sorts of breed-specific rescues out there.
    We've had bad experiences with rescues in the past. Our last was such a nightmare that (and I am sure this reserves me a place in hell) I was glad when she finally passed away at 13. Perhaps we were unlucky, but I am not sure I want to deal with the hassle again. That said, I have been checking the local shelter's website weekly and visiting the dogs for adoption at the local pet stores when they have adoption events, so it is still a possibility. My wife is big into rescue animals so hell, maybe we will end up with another. The sad truth is that around here everything is part Chihuahua and it will be a cold day in hell before I let one of those in my house.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Meanwhile I am supposed to motivate these people to want to come to work.
    Sorry to go back to that. How can you motivate others when you can't even motivate yourself to go to work? The extra paycheck may be nice but sometimes the pay just isn't enough.

BTW, at my current people cannot take any time off this week and everyone who had time scheduled off can't take it. No reason why. Rumor has it they're afraid people are job hunting.
    Georgette

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    BTW, at my current people cannot take any time off this week and everyone who had time scheduled off can't take it. No reason why. Rumor has it they're afraid people are job hunting.
    Bwahahaha...Little do they know that Geo is already halfway out the door.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Bwahahaha...Little do they know that Geo is already halfway out the door.
    Exactly. I wonder sometimes what planet employers are on.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    we are chronically over worked and understaffed I am told, "You have 5 more than you are allotted and hey, you all should like the extra money."
    That all sounds supremely horrible, but this is probably the most obvious example of their duncery.

Since they're PAYING you all overtime, presumably at overtime rates... wouldn't it actually be less expensive for them to hire extra people to work the extra hours using the money they already seem willing to pay out?

It's an employer's market out there; I can't imagine they would have difficulty finding qualified, desperate people.

I really think the economy is damaging the industrialized world's mental health through horrible workplaces and employers that can get away with it...

(I do have to throw in one political comment here. Everybody wants to create jobs, supposedly, yet some people are also anti-union even though that's a key way to potentially stop employers from overworking/underhiring.)

Oh and Geo, cancelling leave? I bet you're right it's because they think people are job-shopping. No doubt a lot of people will be calling in "sick" in the coming weeks. I am SO glad you're escaping!
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Since they're PAYING you all overtime, presumably at overtime rates... wouldn't it actually be less expensive for them to hire extra people to work the extra hours using the money they already seem willing to pay out?
    Yes, it would. However, this is the government so it does not have to make sense. The current order from on high is "Cut people and pay overtime. We have the money for overtime." It makes no sense and one day the money for overtime will go away and at that point they are screwed as it is impossible to provide 24/7 service with our current manning.

My issue with unions is that they are just the same as shitty bosses only on the opposite extreme. Too many of them are for enriching the union bosses while fucking the employer. That means the employer goes out of business (hello American car companies, I am talking to you) all because Johnny Union Dude needs to make $42/hr to stick a bolt on an engine. Or the unions that scream that "OMFG our members can't pay 8% of their health care costs!!!! You are killing us!" Why not? Everyone else does. If they were reasonable that would be one thing, but like everything else, it leads to abuse and generally becomes counter productive.

We have a union btw. They support the overtime because 'more money is good for workers' I love those guys Oh wait, wrong word, doh.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Urrrgghhh. And of course although there are laws about overtime etc., there are no laws about "don't be stupid" for employers. I guess normally the mediating influence would be "people bail out and go work somewhere else till the original employers notice the attrition and come to their senses" but that's not an option much these days.

I have government work experience, so... yeah.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

MP Ball tomorrow. I got moved from the big wig table, which means I actually get to sit with people I want to talk to. Woot woot!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Gets some pictures of yourself all dressed up. Have Fun!

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    MP Ball tomorrow. I got moved from the big wig table, which means I actually get to sit with people I want to talk to. Woot woot!
    Pics or it never happened
    Georgette