Page 206 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216256306706 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 10727

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 206

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    Yeah, all that stuff, too.

Now we have the weekly "Sit With The Sisters" brown bag lunch that we're 'encouraged' to attend. Like, who is going to go to that?! Anybody under 80 years old?! I have visions of the nuns sitting at this big table all by themselves and .... crickets. ::: cackle ::: (Of course, I wouldn't know how well "Sit With The Sisters" is attended, because I can't be arsed....)
    I'd either shoot myself or them.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    I find you people amusing.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    I find you people amusing.
    It's a gift really.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    It's a gift really.
    Finding us amusing is a gift? Hmmm....
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    You gotta watch those nuns. They can wield some real power. My husband was a tech at the local catholic hospital where my Mom was admitted just before she was diagnosed with cancer. He saw that she was not getting proper care and confronted the nurses and doctors on the floor. One of the nuns told him to calm down. He threatened to sue the hospital and go after licences if my Mom died. A year later when he finished his RN, which the hospital paid for, he applied for 5 jobs. He was blacklisted. They ended up having to forgive his loan because he was supposed to be garanteed a job.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 09-03-2011 at 10:06 AM.

That is nuts P. Absolutely nuts.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

wilsongrady is offline Junior Member
    This reminds me...I charge to baker bacon and craven tonight.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    This is why religion really cranks my arse! What about turning the other cheek and forgiveness and all that shit. Some of the most vindictive people I've ever known were 'religious.' It turns out that the terms 'religious' and 'christian' usually have very little to do with each other. Anyway, religion and politics are never polite subjects for discussion....

Let's go back to talking about loincloth-wearing, rib-grilling, free-lovin hippy communes.... with webcams!

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    lol i'm with you em! though i don't think that sort of thing only happens in religiously-run organizations. man pebbles, i'm sorry that happened to your husband.

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    lol i'm with you em! though i don't think that sort of thing only happens in religiously-run organizations. man pebbles, i'm sorry that happened to your husband.
    You're right Saoirse, it happens everywhere. What cranks my arse (to steal from Em) is that religious folks are supposed to know better. It's okay to be an asshole but don't be one while telling me how much <insert whatever deity here> loves me. It makes the decent folks in your religion look like jackasses by association. My personal favorite is when people with WWJD bumper stickers or those little fish road rage or flip out in traffic. What would Jesus do? Well, I am pretty sure he wouldn't cut me off in traffic or flip some old lady the bird.

Honestly, I find religion fascinating. One day when I am a man of leisure I'll go back and study comparative religions/theology. What annoys me is said practitioners of the religions. And for the record militant atheists irritate me just as much. (notice the militant part of that before getting offended - that is if any atheists read my pontifications )