Page 205 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215255305705 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 205

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    Kinky hippy web-cam women grilling meat...I like where this journal is going.
    You and me both

GotD: Idiot 'customers' who think they can tell me how to run my shifts.

I say 'customers' because it isn't like they buy anything from me but it is the term the powers-that-be use. I call them potential terrorists but that is considered non-PC. Anyway, so today is a training holiday meaning most of the soldiers are off for a 4 day weekend. As such, and due to a shortage of staff I decided not to have one of the gates open their optional 3rd lane (usually we have it open for the morning rush). So traffic is coming in, there is less than usual, but it still backs up a little due to all the civillians deciding to come to work at the same time. A jackass rolls up to me.

JA: "Why is the 3rd lane not open"

Me: "It's a training holiday" (now, I wanted to say "Mind your own fucking business" but was trying to be polite)

JA: "Well, it should be open."

Me: "Thank you for your opinion, but it is closed for the training holiday." (Notice, I did not say what I was thinking which was, "And I give a flying rat's ass what you think?)

JA: "So, are you going to open it?"

Me: "No." (again pay attention to the fact that I did not add "and go fuck yourself")

JA: "But I think..."

Me: "That's great. Now move you are blocking traffic." (it took a lot of restaint not to add "Jackass" to the end of this)

JA: "Fine but I'm going to..." (rest ignored because I don't give a fuck)

I'm sure I will hear about it on Tuesday when the powers-that-be come back to work.

Ah people, I love them.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    You showed great restraint and temper control. Not many could do the same in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    You showed great restraint and temper control. Not many could do the same in that situation.
    The running monologue in my head helps. One day I will probably say it out loud. That happened my first year teaching. I learned from the experience
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Yes, i've had a few meltdowns of that sort during my 20 years in teaching. It never pays to show a lack of control. Now when I raise my voice it is very effective because i'm usually very laid back and controlled.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Yes, i've had a few meltdowns of that sort during my 20 years in teaching. It never pays to show a lack of control. Now when I raise my voice it is very effective because i'm usually very laid back and controlled.
    Oh, I didn't raise my voice. I just told a girl she was wearing a dress that would embarrass a hooker. It was true but not appreciated apparently. Go figure.

I need to go home before I tell our Deputy Director to go to a very hot place filled with demons and torment.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I need to go home before I tell our Deputy Director to go to a very hot place filled with demons and torment.
    Go home and have a beer or 3.
    Georgette

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    customers = potential terrorists = heh.

Ever since the Catholic sisters (i.e., control-freak terrorists) have descended upon and taken over the hospital I work at, everyone, including the janitors, are now called "caregivers." Now they are hanging up crucifixes in every room. But they are supposed to have a Pacific Northwest outdoorsy design flair and also a dove, so people won't notice the Catholics have taken over. Meh.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    customers = potential terrorists = heh.

Ever since the Catholic sisters (i.e., control-freak terrorists) have descended upon and taken over the hospital I work at, everyone, including the janitors, are now called "caregivers." Now they are hanging up crucifixes in every room. But they are supposed to have a Pacific Northwest outdoorsy design flair and also a dove, so people won't notice the Catholics have taken over. Meh.
    The Catholics do seem to have their hands in a lot of healthcare. There was a big ruckus here because the local hospital was going to partner with a Catholic hospital group which meant changes to end of life care, parental planning and the like. The uproar got the merger shut down.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, all that stuff, too.

Now we have the weekly "Sit With The Sisters" brown bag lunch that we're 'encouraged' to attend. Like, who is going to go to that?! Anybody under 80 years old?! I have visions of the nuns sitting at this big table all by themselves and .... crickets. ::: cackle ::: (Of course, I wouldn't know how well "Sit With The Sisters" is attended, because I can't be arsed....)
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates