Page 200 of 1089 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250300700 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 10881

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 200

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Jon, does your wife know you have a schoolgirl costume thing? If not, tell her. Everyone needs to play dress up once in a while ; )
    We tried this a few years ago and it was an epic fail. Don't think I'd want to do that again. He keeps trying to talk me into it but I just can't do it.
    Georgette

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    We tried this a few years ago and it was an epic fail. Don't think I'd want to do that again. He keeps trying to talk me into it but I just can't do it.
    If you're not comfortable, you are not comfortable. Do what makes you happy and don't be pressured.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Oh Geo, we don't actually play dress up. I was just teasing. I do have a pic of me in the kilt...when I was 16. Now it might be fun if I could get my husband to dress as a Spartan. Those men really knew how to wear a skirt.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Back on the Scotland thing: so, Em, do you have a Scottish accent, then, and not an Aussie one?
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    TL, no. I grew up in England, I only lived in Scotland for 2 years between 13-15 before coming to Australia. My Dad was in the Navy, hence the travelling. I have a very 'nowhere' accent. It changes depending on who I'm speaking with. When I'm angry or being a sarcastic bitch it goes very sharp upper-class British from my boarding school days, when I'm with my Aussie mates, I have a little bit of a twang but they don't think I sound Aussie at all. Mostly I sound English, with a little bit of "Good on ya Mate" thrown in for good luck.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    You're quite the jetsetter! I only have an accent when I'm with friends who have the Houston accent*, so I'm familiar with how accents can be turned on and off, like how you do.

(*Texas is so big, there are multiple different accents. The panhandle accent is quite different from the Houston accent, which is different from the Dallas accent, which is different from the valley accent.)
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    TL, no. I grew up in England, I only lived in Scotland for 2 years between 13-15 before coming to Australia. My Dad was in the Navy, hence the travelling.
    Huh, my dad was in the navy as well. Where abouts in England?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Huh, my dad was in the navy as well. Where abouts in England?
    I was born in Portsmouth, I moved to Derby when I was a year old so we could be close to my Dad's family. We stayed there for a year or two then moved back to Portsmouth, then we went to Plymouth and I started going to boarding school in Bristol as my Dad joined the crew of HMS Tireless ( Dad was a submariner) which meant he was moving every 6-12 months and they wanted to keep our education constant. That period of 3 years was a blur of going home to different towns every holiday, we lived in the Lake district near Barrow and Plymouth again, then Portsmouth again and then eventually Glasgow in Scotland which was when we came out of boarding school and the moving stopped for 18 months. At 37 Dad was able to retire after having done his 21 years and he was offered jobs in the Canadian and Australian navies. We decided to do Australia first, stay there for his 2 year return-of-service and if we didn't like it, try Canada. We liked it and here we are.
    Since leaving home I've lived all over Australia and even did a stint in East Timor, it seems the wunderlust is in my blood. I've been in Perth for 10 years now and am kinda grounded by my kids, but I imagine I'll always be somewhat nomadic. Another reason for training as a nurse, we can get work anywhere!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    My husband talks about becoming a traveling nurse once I retire. I think he wants to work in Ireland.

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I was born in Portsmouth, I moved to Derby when I was a year old so we could be close to my Dad's family. We stayed there for a year or two then moved back to Portsmouth, then we went to Plymouth and I started going to boarding school in Bristol as my Dad joined the crew of HMS Tireless ( Dad was a submariner) which meant he was moving every 6-12 months and they wanted to keep our education constant. That period of 3 years was a blur of going home to different towns every holiday, we lived in the Lake district near Barrow and Plymouth again, then Portsmouth again and then eventually Glasgow in Scotland which was when we came out of boarding school and the moving stopped for 18 months. At 37 Dad was able to retire after having done his 21 years and he was offered jobs in the Canadian and Australian navies. We decided to do Australia first, stay there for his 2 year return-of-service and if we didn't like it, try Canada. We liked it and here we are.
    Since leaving home I've lived all over Australia and even did a stint in East Timor, it seems the wunderlust is in my blood. I've been in Perth for 10 years now and am kinda grounded by my kids, but I imagine I'll always be somewhat nomadic. Another reason for training as a nurse, we can get work anywhere!
    Very nice, and you are correct, there are not many places that are not very happy to see nurses when they show up. My father was also a submariner. I was actually born in Plymouth. However, my parents got divorced when I was young so I didn't do the moving around you did. Australia, sounds like a wonderful place to end up. Though as you said, you can go anywhere. Awesome