Page 20 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230701205201020 ... LastLast

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 20

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Most of my hoodies fit that way now. Makes me kind of sad. My husband will get one of them.
    Georgette

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Most of my hoodies fit that way now. Makes me kind of sad. My husband will get one of them.
    Honestly that is one of my favorite looks - a woman in just a long shirt/hoodie. No one said I had fashion sense. :/
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

This weekend was rather hit and miss on the food front. I had a scoop of icecream on Saturday and a piece of cheesecake last night. My biggest 'cheat' weekend since starting, but I am not too concerned. My other food was all primal and I didn't fall off the wagon and eat out the bakery section at Safeway.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Safeway.
    Dear god, I miss Tom Thumb.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Dear god, I miss Tom Thumb.
    I miss Publix. I'm not sure if they are as far west as Texas, but they are by far the nicest grocery stores I have been into. Well, I guess Whole Foods is close from a cleanliness/facilities standpoint. I've always found it interesting how certain chains seem to hold true to norms - for example, at least in my experience Winn Dixie was always going to be run down and filthy. Even when they opened a brand new store it was that way within 6 months - year. Publix on teh other hand had been open for 5 and was clean and lovely. Albertson's seemed to be in the middle. 5-10 stores of each and it held true. Not a representative sample perhaps but enough for my own field research/strange sense of curiosity.

never seen a Publix in Texas. Tom Thumb was one of those store that no matter when you went in, they were clean, well stocked, and helpful. Even Thanksgiving Day, if you went in for pureed pumpkin, by God, they had pureed pumpkin.
    WinnDixie was usually trashed, Fiesta really depends on whether you're in the Mexican scum neignborhood or the Mexican "American Dream" neighborhood, Minyards and it's kin were usually trashy, Krogers and Albertsons were overpriced but clean and well stocked, and Walmart was... well, it was Walmart.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I wonder why that is. Is it due to poor managment, lack of spending on a corporate level, the customers? I always did wonder why some chain's stores seemed to fall to crap while others were nice.

I'm thinknig it's a combination of clientele, location, and upper management being concerned for the bottom line over customer relations.
    My Primal Battle Tome

That makes sense but soap and water are not expensive. I recall many days back in highschool, when I worked at a grocery store, cleaning shelves and facing product.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Honestly that is one of my favorite looks - a woman in just a long shirt/hoodie. No one said I had fashion sense. :/
    My hubbs says I'm sexiest in sweats or jeans and a tee. Those are my preferred looks to be honest.
    Georgette