Page 195 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205245295695 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 195

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Dinner last night was a pig out fest. I got my order from White Lion bakery and decided to eat it. The cheddar jalepeno buns are very good on their own. They did not hold up quite as well as I would have liked as a hamburger bun, but to be fair I did load the burger down with bacon, mushrooms, a fried egg, and tomato. All that would be hard on any roll. That said, if I order them again, I will just eat them like biscuits/scones.

The cookies were very good. I got a sampler and my wife and I shared. She liked them a lot, which is good considering she is not primal/paleo at all. Honestly, I enjoyed them too but not being a huge cookie person I could probably live without quite easily. But, the order did work to show my sweet tooth having wife that primal baked goods taste just as good as that grain-filled crap at the store.

oh..so dinner...two burgers with everything I could toss on them; two WL cheddar jalepeno buns; kale with onions, bacon, and shrooms; coffee; and five cookies >.>
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    I have only been to England, Canada, and Mexico. In typical American fashion, I almost got run over by a car because I was looking for traffic in the wrong direction. Aside from almost dying in London, I loved the place. The English countryside was AMAZING. Thatched roofs and hedgerows and lots of sheep. Had the best meal I have ever eaten in my life in Leeds. I'm a closet Canadian, so it goes without saying that I dig. It's a better way to live. I've traveled a lot throughout the US and have lived in six different states--from Hawaii to South Carolina and many points in between.

Yes, the English countryside is amazing. It was great being over there a few years back for a family reunion and visiting all villages and pubs and amazing buildings. I have a Scottish friend who was visiting Salem with some friends and the guide cautioned them to be careful because the houses were hundreds of years old and very delicate. She laughed and said, "My house is twice this old and we throw wine around" Puts things in perspective.

In England 100 miles is a long way. In America 100 years is old.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    It's nice to know someone who has ordered from the White Lion Bakery and been basically satisfied.

I'm afraid that if I open the door to baked goods, even Primal ones, I may not be able to control myself. This actually makes no sense because I have been able to come back from binges on grains and sugar so why not make a better choice. I guess it would work if replaced the really bad stuff with Primal versions of the same thing and only ate them once in a while.

Have you been to Scotland? I am dying to go and see the castles. When Leeds Castle was built in 900, glass hadn't even been invented yet. I would say Leeds was the highlight of the entire trip. The grounds were so beautiful that I teared up. Very small castle, though. There are McMansions in Dallas that are bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I'm afraid that if I open the door to baked goods, even Primal ones, I may not be able to control myself.
    That's me.

I freaking love bread. Chocolate? Meh....

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    Have you been to Scotland? I am dying to go and see the castles. When Leeds Castle was built in 900, glass hadn't even been invented yet. I would say Leeds was the highlight of the entire trip. The grounds were so beautiful that I teared up. Very small castle, though. There are McMansions in Dallas that are bigger.
    I'm an amateur genealogist. I just found out that my Father's family came over from Scotland, so I hope to visit someday.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I've only been to Florida, Georgia and Pennsylvania. We've never really traveled much. Mom hated the idea of being around other people and Stumpy and I have never really had the funds to travel. The hopeful plan next year is to go to Harlan, KY for Cherokee Crawl. I really want to go to Myrtle Beach or Charleston, SC but he hates water.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    It's nice to know someone who has ordered from the White Lion Bakery and been basically satisfied.
    Yup, it was good, but I am not enough of a baked goods person to order often. I can see how it would be easy to fall into the "Oh they are primal so lets eat all the things!!!" mode

Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    I went to Scotland when I was a baby so remember nothing. As such, it is better to say,"Nope, never been." Yes, it is amazing what constitutes a castle, but when you consider building technology 1,000 years ago it really is impressive.