Page 194 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204244294694 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 194

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    You must be near the border, huh, because Tucson is damn south. I drove through the southern Arizona (Cochise territory/Arizona badlands) when I was moving out to the West Coast in a U-Haul. Never seen anything like it. Stopped and took pictures. I couldn't believe any living thing could make it there, but there's actually a thriving ecosystem afoot.
    LOL Yeah, I live in Cochise county. We do have some cool wildlife. People back in FL still do not believe me when I tell them roadrunners are real. It helps that where I work has a nature preserve so we get all kinds of animals - deer, prong horns, javelinas, rabbits, wild turkeys, lizards and snakes, and a bunch of birds Canadians keep showing up to try to see. I honestly do not see the point of bird watching, but it sure seems popular around these parts.

The border is pretty close, but you would have to climb over the mountains to get there from here (and many people do just from the opposite direction). I generally head to Naco when I want to go to Mexico as it isn't a huge port of entry like Douglas or Nogales, which are probably a heck of a lot smaller than say El Paso or S. Cal now I think about it.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    It took FOREVER to get out of Texas when I was moving. I pushed hard and would not stop to sleep until I crossed the state line. (Not good. I was dozing off big-time, driving a bigass truck that I could barely see over the steering wheel, with a car in tow.) As I FINALLY crossed over into New Mexico, I let out a whoop. Not really because Texas sucked so bad, but, jeez, getting to another state felt like real progress when you're driving and driving.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    It took FOREVER to get out of Texas when I was moving.
    Agreed, though we took our time. We stayed the night in Houston with friends, had a fuel pump go out on us which caused us to stay another night in Texas etc. It's like you said, it didn't suck it just keeps on going and going and....
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Everywhere else in the country, you cross 2 (or more) states in one day. Here, you take 2 (or more) days to cross one state. It wasn't until we went on the trip up the Niagara Falls when I was younger that I realized how large TX is compared to everything else. Coming back through New England was crazy to a TX girl who thought it was normal for halfway across the state to be most of a day's drive. Texas is HUGE, and I always feel like the poor schkucks going from Texarkana to El Paso is one day were crazy, deluded, stupid, or all 3. (No offense to either of y'all meant, I'm just not much of one for 12-15 hr days of straight driving.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I'm just not much of one for 12-15 hr days of straight driving.)
    Agreed.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    naiad: Yeah, no, I'm too old for that shit now. I would never attempt any such hair-brained scheme again. I've mellowed with age. And I agree with you about traveling through the northeast. Five states in two hours?! That's just crazy talk to a Texas girl.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Honestly, around here there is no where worth working. The only decent restaurant in town closed recently. Also, starting cooks make jack for money. That said, perhaps if my wife starts making tons of money and I can live as a kept man I'll consider it I agree with you on the importance of knowing people the same as in real life. I'm too old for the 'being someone else on the internet' game. I also do not consider internet friends any less friends than those in real life. A friend is a friend is a friend.
    Funny, my husband is a fabulous cook and sort of a kept man ( I kept him because Damn, he can cook). Okay, he's great at other stuff too. Sadly, now that he has his RN and is working steadily, He's a little busy to be tied to the kitchen.

I agree Internet friends should be = to friends IRL

You guys are making me want to travel. So far my wanderings have taken me to as far as Wisconsin in the Mid West, Florida in the South. Turkey in the Middle East and of course Spain in Europe. I lived in Colorado as a toddler, but I don't remember it.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Western Australia is the same as Az, we're the only state not to have adopted daylight savings, so the East coast goes from 2 to 3 hours difference depending on the time of year.

Oh, if you're planning a trip to visit all your PB friends, then you need to come to Australia too don't forget!

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Oh, if you're planning a trip to visit all your PB friends, then you need to come to Australia too don't forget!
    That would be awesome. Sadly, very much outside of my budget at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    You guys are making me want to travel. So far my wanderings have taken me to as far as Wisconsin in the Mid West, Florida in the South. Turkey in the Middle East and of course Spain in Europe. I lived in Colorado as a toddler, but I don't remember it.
    Dang, you have been some cool places. I've been to England and France. In the states I have been here and there mostly in the SE some in the West. I did go to NYC once, but was not there long enough to do even a fraction of what I wanted.