Page 188 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198238288688 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 188

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    look around the office. I know there are some prime candidates.
    Other than Brunehilda, nope. I think she'd be scrappy.
    Georgette

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    So how do I raise my HDL cholesterol? Apparently according to the lovely CW doctor here on post my cholesterol is fine, my triglycerides are fine, and my LDL is fine, but my HDL is low. Since it is something like 29 I am inclined to agree. Any thoughts?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Here's a list of ways to do it. Mercifully it starts with actual lifestyle and dietary interventions instead of diving straight into the drug list: How to increase your HDL levels
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Thanks Jenny. Most seem doable. Exercises, lose weight, Omega-3s. Shibby.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

I'm eating salmon at lunch almost daily now.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I'm eating salmon at lunch almost daily now.
    I'd do the same but it is really difficult to get decent seafood around here. I think I am spoiled by 20 years living on the Gulf Coast, but middle of no where AZ is not the seafood capital of the world.

Breakfast today was two chicken thighs adn two eggs cooked in coconut oil. And coffee, I have some coffee once again. The world is once more as it should be.

skink531 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    And coffee, I have some coffee once again. The world is once more as it should be.
    I could not imagine what you went through without it. i would have probably hurt someone. My zone partner at work will actually stop working when he knows I need coffee. Me uncaffeinated is something no one wants.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    The only meatloaf I've ever had that I liked was that gyro knockoff I made. Most meatloaf is just disgusting.
    I'm more of a fruit pie/ cobbler girl. Apple, cherry, berry, peach... it's all good.
    I got spoiled by fresh crawfish in Dallas and Gulf seafood in Galveston. Thankfully, I'm still close enough to the Gulf to get decent seafood, even if it was frozen; but decent crawdads are out of my reach for now.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I really want to live coastal one day. I don't care if I have to be a beach bum or not.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I really want to live coastal one day. I don't care if I have to be a beach bum or not.

Yes, the coast has many advantages. I'd love to live somewhere like San Diego due to the climate. Unfortunately, they decided to put it in California which kind of kills that plan.

Dinner last night was Indian and dang, was it good. I had a tandori mixed grill as did my wife. My sister had chicken tiki masala, which I usually find to be bland and bleh, but this one was excellent. The mixed grill had tandori chicken, lamb, fish, shrimp, and a lamb sausage. It was like meat fest and was awesome.