Page 183 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233283683 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 183

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    At least you have pie and your sister to look forward to. You're only heartless in the gut.

I take Super Enzymes, vit d3, fish oil, resveratrol, a hair skin & nails formula, potassium, magnesium citrate, B-complex, melatonin, and alavert.
    Georgette

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    2 seconds off your time without any extra training? Out-motherfuckin-standing! I'm sure you'll kick some ass on the real test. Yeah, I've thought the same things about some of the supplementation around here. I understand some have medical conditions that require more supps and that's cool, but a lot of the others i want to ask what is missing from your diet that you need to use so much shit. All i take is a multi-vitamin, fish oil, and vitamin D(cuz I works at night). Oh, and sometimes magnesium to help with stress and sleep(the night shift again). I figure the rest comes from getting good quality meat and vegetables. I don't feel deficient at least, but who knows.

I almost forgot...Mmmmmmm, pie. Nothing like apple pie a la mode.
    Last edited by skink531; 08-11-2011 at 01:06 PM. Reason: forgot the pie!
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Peanut butter pie
    Georgette

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Between supplements and meds, I take 8 a day:.
    Meds are a different story and if you have specific issues (thyroid etc) I can see the point. It just seems some on the forum (none of the lovely readers here of course) take it overboard. Overboard by my own skewed standards, but this is my journal so my standards rule
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    At least you have pie and your sister to look forward to. You're only heartless in the gut..
    Pie was good - raspberry rhubarb with homemade icecream. Oh sweet baby Jebus. My sister is good too. I just need to get her punk ass on primal. She is PCOS and 340 pounds. Not good. Not good at all.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    2 seconds off your time without any extra training? Out-motherfuckin-standing! I'm sure you'll kick some ass on the real test. Yeah, I've thought the same things about some of the supplementation around here. I understand some have medical conditions that require more supps and that's cool, but a lot of the others i want to ask what is missing from your diet that you need to use so much shit. All i take is a multi-vitamin, fish oil, and vitamin D(cuz I works at night). Oh, and sometimes magnesium to help with stress and sleep(the night shift again). I figure the rest comes from getting good quality meat and vegetables. I don't feel deficient at least, but who knows.

I almost forgot...Mmmmmmm, pie. Nothing like apple pie a la mode.

Apple pie a la mode is the bomb but I wanted the tanginess of the rhubarb. Night shift is the suck. I worked mids for the first 9 months or so at my current job. Made me feel like a freaking vampire. Do you guys rotate or are you stuck on nights? As for the time, yeah, I was pretty damned happy with it. Primal is the bomb. Now I just have to figure out what all your work outs are and try to get my ass moving more often.

If I get this job I'm up for, I'll be working seconds and weekends. I love raspberries but never had them with rhubarb. Interesting.

Your sister needs to do the reset. It can correct damage from PCOS.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    If I get this job I'm up for, I'll be working seconds and weekends. I love raspberries but never had them with rhubarb. Interesting.

Your sister needs to do the reset. It can correct damage from PCOS.
    It's good because the raspberries are not as sweet as something like strawberries or other berries thus allowing more of the sourness of the rhubarb through, while being sweet enough to cut that sourness and make it palatable.

I agree she does. I'm going to try to get her to read the book.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Her best friend's son has menegitis and encephilitis (yikes!)
    Yikes indeed! My daughter had meningitis and was hospitalized when she was 8 weeks old. She's fine thankfully -- I hope it turns out just as well for that little boy.

As for the PT practice test time, awesome. So you'll presumably be fine then? (You must have passed last year...)

P.S.: Oh and as for supplements, I get multivitamins from Sisson so I'm not sure if that counts as many supplements or just one? And vitamin D, and a probiotic... calcium... omega-3. Let's see, what else... I take cranberry at night to avoid UTIs... biotin for my hair and nails.

I'd like to think that's not crazy-overboard. Figure it can't hurt since I don't have the most balanced primal diet... I still don't like meat much. :/ I guess I need to make more scrambled eggs.
    Last edited by Jenny; 08-11-2011 at 07:39 PM.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Night-shifts are the suck for sure, I do two every week - Monday and Tuesday nights. It works well with the studying and looking after the kids, but it takes me till Thursday to get over them every week.
    I can't wait till next year when I have graduated and can start my day job.