Page 182 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192232282682 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 182

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I have this rule when it comes to offal, if it makes you think, tick, or lick, I don't eat it. I have no problems with liver. You're a brave man for going after some heart.
    Well, I've always said I will try anything once, so lets see lol
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Also, don't forget to remove all the blood vessels and valves before you cook it, that shit is tough as hell unless you're doing a long, slow braised dish.

Let us know how it goes, I've only ever minced up heart to throw in meatballs.

Well, so far no heart. We had one of our guards pass out from heat exhaustion so I was at work until after the store was closed. Luckily the guard is fine Today I am going to get my sister from the airport. Her best friend's son has menegitis and encephilitis (yikes!) so she is coming to see them and me too. So perhaps this weekend. Until then, I am heartless
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    World's 2nd living heart donor? (Dad gets the award for the first.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    World's 2nd living heart donor? (Dad gets the award for the first.)
    LOL, yeah, upon re-reading, that came out wrong

Well, I went out and ran a practice PT Test. I beat my time from last year by 2 seconds. Last year I 'practiced' for 3 months. So far this year, this is my second practice run. Hooray for primal living.

So, I am going to eat a piece of pie for lunch. I think we are going to my favorite place in the world for pie, and damn it, I am going to eat a piece. It will be the first non-leptin reset thingie I have eaten in 3 weeks.

Okay, just wanted to get that off my chest.

Mmmm... pie.... I need to make pecan apple pie again.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

On a separate note I get a little concerned when I read about the supplements people take here on MDA. I mean, some have lists into the double digits. I thought we were eating a healthy diet. Why the heck do we need all the supplements?

*note: some I can understand like vitamin D if you work inside all day

Between supplements and meds, I take 8 a day: vit D3 (obvious reasons), selenium (thyroid related), thyroid supp, thyroid meds, probiotic (still trying to get my GI tract back on track after my last dive off the wagon), allergy pill, BC, and multivitamin (CYA measure) I think folks tend to fall into 3 categories: Category A carefully monitors intake and supplements judiciously, Category B just pops every vitamin and supplement known to man because Joe Bob said it worked for him, and Category C (including me) has a base supp list that they KNOW work (multivitamin, vit D, etc) and the secondary lists grows and shrinks with experimentation.
    My Primal Battle Tome