Page 181 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191231281681 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 10727

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 181

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Good advice. Tomorrow I shall stomp me some steak.
    I have helped with steak and anger management issues. I think I can call it a day then.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Well, apparently I was craving some carbs. We went out to dinner to My Big Fat Greek Restaurant (winner of lamest restaurant name rip off ever contest). I had the gyro dinner without rice or potatoes (subbing for more sauteed veggies). Well, it was a big ass plate of gyro meat and tons of sauted brocoli, zuke, and carrots. I tore into those veggies like no tomorrow. I scarfed every single one before I even touched the meat. Then I stole my wife's veggies too
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Breakfast today was 2 quarter pound hamburger patties and a slice of cheese + two mugs of frenched pressed coffee w/ half-and-half

I might try to get some beef heart and make a stir fry tonight. As I recall it is basically cut up and cooked much like other beef. Am I smoking crack on that?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I have this rule when it comes to offal, if it makes you think, tick, or lick, I don't eat it. I have no problems with liver. You're a brave man for going after some heart.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Yep, just treat it like a roast or give it a quick sear. Anything in between and you've got shoe leather.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Glad to hear you've been able to take that weight off again, you sound proud and pleased which is Good.

Work, though... yeah, sounds like that's not so good. Condolences. As for the PT test, will it be a problem if you walk part of the distance? (They'll probably give you flak no matter what, but I mean, will it cause you to fail or is it more about time vs. distance?)
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

skink531 is online now Senior Member
    I need to try this French Press coffee you all keep talking about. How does it change the flavor? If you are getting a heart, here is a recipe from Mark that looked good to me and i wanted to try out. It claims to be spicy, and I'm into that.

Good luck on your PT test, I'm sure you'll do fine. What else is there besides the 1.5 mile run?
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Yep, just treat it like a roast or give it a quick sear. Anything in between and you've got shoe leather.
    Cool. I'll cut it up into fajita sized strips and sear it off. Thanks for the tip

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Work, though... yeah, sounds like that's not so good. Condolences. As for the PT test, will it be a problem if you walk part of the distance? (They'll probably give you flak no matter what, but I mean, will it cause you to fail or is it more about time vs. distance?)
    It is distance in a certain time. It's not like back in the Army where your time mattered for points. As long as I am below a certain time all is good. I can walk if needed. It is just discouraged as it adds time. I think it will be okay.

My main issue with work is lack of accountability from those higher on the chain of command. There are certain time lines the govt sets out for traininging. For example, the supervisor development course has a deadline of 'One year after your first day as a supervisor" So if you are hired Jan 1 you have until Jan 1 of the following year. The issue is that no one bothered to track it for years. Then when INCOM said, "Yeah, so send us your numbers" they freaked out and everyone is due by Sept 1 even those that have 8 more months to be done. I have training not due until Aug 2012 that they are demanding be done by Sept 1. All because they were not held accountable before. And I love the line "Overtime is authorized to complete this training" Um, I work 14 hours of overtime a week already. You can shove your overtime in your ass.

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    I need to try this French Press coffee you all keep talking about. How does it change the flavor? If you are getting a heart, here is a recipe from Mark that looked good to me and i wanted to try out. It claims to be spicy, and I'm into that.

Good luck on your PT test, I'm sure you'll do fine. What else is there besides the 1.5 mile run?

Push ups but those are cake, and honestly the run should be easy. I just need to get off my ass and do it. That is the part I am having trouble with. My own fail for being a lazy shit all year.

Yeah, French Press is the way to go. It is just a lot richer. It's hard to explain but you will taste the difference 100%. Just remember the coffee has to be ground differently so do not put coffee for an auto-drip machine in your French Press.