Page 177 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227277677 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 10727

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 177

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernCorps View Post
    Oh yeah,, nice to meet you!
    Nice to meet you too. I got down to 257 (total of 43 pounds) but in May totally went off the wagon. We were traveling, I was on vacation, it was my birthday, excuses excuses and until about a week and a half ago I totally messed around and ate primal about 50/50. Some days I was perfect primal other days it was 'how much crap can I cram in my mouth today?' My weight went up, down, up again, until finally I got on the scale and was like "272 WTF?!" Anyway, I went on the leptin reset more because my mind works better on something strict (not because I thought I was leptin resistant though I might be). Anyway, long story less long, I weighed myself this morning - 258 - so one pound above my lowest weight. I am hoping to be 255 by Sunday (my official weigh in - yeah, ditch the scale. I know. I know, but when you have 50+ pounds to lose the scale can and does move).

As for this journal...lately it is a ton of my bitching about work. It's a good place to blow off steam and vent. I'll keep tossing in how things are going and the food I eat etc.

Also, my friends here at PBP were a huge reason that when I started jacking around I didn't just say to hell with it and quit. I'd miss my primal peeps.

So far this morning - 2 pork chops and 2 eggs cooked in butter as God intended.

Now, time to get ready for work.

Thanks for stopping by

Oh, and no need to apologize for jumping in. The more the merrier. Jump in all you like.
    Last edited by canio6; 08-03-2011 at 03:33 AM.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    So far this morning - 2 pork chops and 2 eggs cooked in butter as God intended.
    Let us all bow our heads and give praise to butter.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I cook mine in coconut oil. Congrats on the recent weightloss btw!

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I cook mine in coconut oil. Congrats on the recent weightloss btw!
    Thanks Coconut oil is great but lately I have been all about the butter.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Dinner today is shrimp with tomatillos. Very tasty and simple as hell burgled from Simple Recipes

Ingredients

2 Tbsp coconut oil
    1 medium onion, chopped, about 1 cup
    1-2 jalapeno chiles, seeded, minced
    3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
    1 lb tomatillos, chopped
    Salt
    1/2 cup clam juice OR 1/4 cup water*
    1 lb shrimp, cleaned, deveined
    1 cup Cotija queso seco cheese (can substitute feta)
    1/4 cup chopped cilantro
    Lime juice
    Black pepper

An oven-proof sauté pan or cast iron pan

Method

1 Heat oil in the pan you will use for baking. Add the onions and jalapeños, cook for 5 minutes on medium high until the onions begin to brown. Add the garlic and cook a minute more. Add the tomatillos, reduce heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes, until the tomatillos are cooked through, but still hold their shape. Sprinkle salt over the tomatillos as they are cooking.

2 If using clam juice, add to pan, turn up the heat and reduce by half. If using water, just add the 1/4 cup of water without reducing.

3 Add the cheese and shrimp. Cook in a preheated 425°F oven for 10 minutes.

4 Remove pan from the oven. If using a pan with a handle, such as a cast iron frying pan, I recommend cooling the handle with ice for safety; it's so easy to forget that pan has just come out of the oven, and you grab the hot handle by mistake. Right before serving, mix in the cilantro and sprinkle with lime juice and freshly ground black pepper.

Breakfast was steak...or shoe leather. It was hard to tell. That's the last time I buy the family pack on sale for $2.99 a pound. Egads.

Coffee was awesome. I've been forgoing the cream/half-and-half and using the french press. Man, it is like sex in the mouth or something else as awesome which sounds less ghey.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Coffee was awesome. I've been forgoing the cream/half-and-half and using the french press. Man, it is like sex in the mouth or something else as awesome which sounds less ghey.
    At least the coffee was good. When something is really, really, really good, Stumpy'll say "it's like a party in my mouth". Maybe that works better for you?

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    "Sex on toast" is one Dad used to use (don't ask.) I've always used "Holy mother/father/ spawn of nothing holy good."
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Yes, those work better. Thanks

Sex on toast seems a bit awkward though. Wouldn't be good for a celiac or those with gluten intolerance. Sorry, had to say it.