Page 171 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221271671 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 171

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    So....I go to work after training and at about 330 I go to see my boss. He hands me my time sheet to sign and I notice that I am only getting credit from 7-2 for my three training days. I ask why and he says, "Well, you have training until 2" I look at him to see if he is kidding and he isn't. As such, I say, "Yeah, but it's 330 and I am still here at work...." He says, "Yeah, but training is until 2." O.o

At this point I think I am getting punked. "Right, but I am at work now. I didn't go home. I can though if you want. I'll leave at 2 every day." he looks at me and I swear to god says, "No, I need you to come in until 4." The look I gave him must have spoken volumes and after about 5 seconds of just looking at him he says, "Oh, yeah, I guess I should pay you until 4."

well, no shit.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

So far today has gone okay...more training. I actually woke up on time today so ate my steak and eggs. It was good, though when is steak and eggs not good? Drank a cup of black coffee on break. Lunch will be...whatever I can find at the cafeteria that fits with primal. Thinking liver and onions for dinner. Man I love me some liver.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

AnthonyU is offline Member
    Don't forget the Bacon with that liver and onions!!

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyU View Post
    Don't forget the Bacon with that liver and onions!!
    That goes without saying

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Your boss is wrong on so many levels! Can you report him? It's in every employee handbook I've ever read (admittedly few) that if your boss tries to not pay you for hours you've worked, you need to go to the next highest authority about it.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Your boss is wrong on so many levels! Can you report him? It's in every employee handbook I've ever read (admittedly few) that if your boss tries to not pay you for hours you've worked, you need to go to the next highest authority about it.
    Sadly, our organization is broken from the top down. We are all ex-Army and too many times the idea is 'work until the mission is complete' They have just not figured out that given we are civillians now we can say no or expect to get paid for it.

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    So....I go to work after training and at about 330 I go to see my boss. He hands me my time sheet to sign and I notice that I am only getting credit from 7-2 for my three training days. I ask why and he says, "Well, you have training until 2" I look at him to see if he is kidding and he isn't. As such, I say, "Yeah, but it's 330 and I am still here at work...." He says, "Yeah, but training is until 2." O.o
    wow. how big is your organization? is it possible to place an anonymous call with the dept. of labor?

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    wow. how big is your organization? is it possible to place an anonymous call with the dept. of labor?
    We have about 150 people in the directorate. I could place a call but I've seen how things work around here. The squeaky wheel gets replaced. I'm sucking it up until something else presents itself. On that note I have just been told I need to work until 930. 630-930...fun day. Oh well, at least I spent the first half of it dicking around in training.

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    umm..i'm hoping that you get overtime pay, as that's the law. probably not though, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    umm..i'm hoping that you get overtime pay, as that's the law. probably not though, eh?
    Today I will. They can't hide the fact I am working a gate. When it is office/supervisory stuff it gets overlooked as 'doing what is necessary to help teh team'

Counting the days until my wife graduates.