Page 168 of 1095 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218268668 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 10944

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 168

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I got the lamb breast as is, bones, fat pad, silver skin and all. It was dirt cheap. It's also a tough cut of meat, so expect some chewing.

Stuffed lamb breast
    1 slab lamb breast, deboned, silverskin removed. Approx 1 lb pretrimming per person. Reserve any meat or fat removed while removing bones and silver skin (approx 1/4 c chopped.)
    1 shallot, thinly sliced
    1/4 onion, diced
    1/2 head garlic (I was running low), thinly sliced
    1/2 summer squash (zuke, yellow, etc), 1/2" cubes
    1/4 c nuts (I used pecans)
    1/4 apple, 1/2" cubes (I used a Jonagold)
    1/4 red wine (I used a shiraz) or vegetable broth
    1/2 tsp cumin
    1/2 coriander
    3-4 fennel seeds
    (smoked) salt
    pepper
    1/2 4 tsp ground sage

Stuffing:
    Heat olive oil in a saute pan. Add everything but the whole lamb breast and stir until lamb is browned or apple is browned.

Breast:
    Preheat oven to 400*F
    Cut several pockets into your lamb breast if your deboning didn't leave neat little pockets or prep to be rolled and tied. Stuff pockets with still warm stuffing or roll breast around stuffing and tie with twine. Liberally smear on olive oil on all sides. Bake at 450* for approximately 20 min. Pull out, let rest for 10 min.
    That sounds awesome. Getting lamb around here is problematic. I might try it with pork.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    This stuffing works well with anything: goat, beef, pork, chicken (I first used it inside grilled cornish hens), lamb, buffalo... It's a good basic stuffing.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    This stuffing works well with anything: goat, beef, pork, chicken (I first used it inside grilled cornish hens), lamb, buffalo... It's a good basic stuffing.
    That might work well for Thanksgiving inside the bird.
    Georgette

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I'd think it would. Just cook the bird to within 20 minutes of done and then put the stuffing in. Any longer than 30 min and the squash starts going mushy and you'd want to switch over to a winter squash.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I would like that and the girls may eat that. I'd just make Stove Top for Stumpy and call it a day.
    Georgette

Stuffing...turkey...lamb...getting hungry
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

So potatoes are like crack. They are damned good. I think I need to stay away from them for a while as I can eat far too many of the tasty little bastards. I'm thinking more and more about the leptin reset thing.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    I'm the same with spuds. Especially roasted in beef tallow and sprinkled liberally with salt and pepper. OMG I'm salivating like one of Pavlov's dogs!

The leptin reset thing works, I've lost nearly 20lbs over the last 2 months. 8 months of primal eating before that, I lost about 5. It works.

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I'm the same with spuds. Especially roasted in beef tallow and sprinkled liberally with salt and pepper. OMG I'm salivating like one of Pavlov's dogs!

The leptin reset thing works, I've lost nearly 20lbs over the last 2 months. 8 months of primal eating before that, I lost about 5. It works.
    Yup, and that is why I want to try it. People I trust say it works. It isn't just random digital voices. Did you get a chance to start the Ice and Fire books? Do you like them or should I look for a place to hide?

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Yup, and that is why I want to try it. People I trust say it works. It isn't just random digital voices. Did you get a chance to start the Ice and Fire books? Do you like them or should I look for a place to hide?
    Lol, I'm just finishing up a Robert Ludlum before I start. You're safe for now. But if I do need to attack, you will get no warning. I am a tall, busty not-so-silent ninja!