Page 167 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177217267667 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 10727

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 167

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    My father was got Culinary Arts degree with an Accounting fallback. He ended up doing Food and Beverage Accounting at the hotel and being a chef at the hot foods counter of a grocery store weekends. He eventually went pure accounting at the hotel and the grocery dropped the hot foods counter. I think he's still looking to get back into food, but wants to pay off a few more bills first before he quits doing unloading work at the store. I thought about Culinary for a little while but, after 9/11, decided I needed a more sturdy career and went for meteorolgy, then H&H engineering. I still do enjoy cooking and experimenting with food though. About a week ago, I made a Primal stufed lamb breast and had a fully CW friend fooled into thinking it was a standard stuffing.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

skink531 is online now Senior Member
    Yep, bosses suck. I don't recommend having them. I try to keep my head down and stay off the radar as much as possible. being a chef would be pretty cool, but owning a restaurant would be a LOT of work. But like they say, If you have a job you love you'll never work a day in your life.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    He worked his way up in the industry and he's got an awesome gig now.
    That's the way to do it
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Apparently, when the guys get the Empire Offroad shop up and running, I've already been asked to be the customer service manager. They think that I'd be great at it but I'm not sure about working with the spouse. Even Stumpy's for that.

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    My father was got Culinary Arts degree with an Accounting fallback. He ended up doing Food and Beverage Accounting at the hotel and being a chef at the hot foods counter of a grocery store weekends. He eventually went pure accounting at the hotel and the grocery dropped the hot foods counter. I think he's still looking to get back into food, but wants to pay off a few more bills first before he quits doing unloading work at the store. I thought about Culinary for a little while but, after 9/11, decided I needed a more sturdy career and went for meteorolgy, then H&H engineering. I still do enjoy cooking and experimenting with food though. About a week ago, I made a Primal stufed lamb breast and had a fully CW friend fooled into thinking it was a standard stuffing.
    You haven't figured out that the first rule of this blog is that if you say things like 'Primal stufed lamb breast' you have to include a recipe?

Paying off some bills is a good idea as is a sturdy career. It's why I have always taken 'safe' jobs, though with gov't cut backs, who knows how safe jobs are these days. I'm just in BMW mode (bitch, moan, whine) but will get over it
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    Yep, bosses suck. I don't recommend having them. I try to keep my head down and stay off the radar as much as possible. being a chef would be pretty cool, but owning a restaurant would be a LOT of work. But like they say, If you have a job you love you'll never work a day in your life.
    That is what they say. You are right, owning a restaurant is very risky. I'd be happy to work in a decent one. At least, in theory I would. I might start and go 'holy god, what have I gotten myself into?!'

Apparently, when the guys get the Empire Offroad shop up and running, I've already been asked to be the customer service manager. They think that I'd be great at it but I'm not sure about working with the spouse. Even Stumpy's for that.
    Hopefully it works out for you. I am not sure how well I would work with my spouse.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Hopefully it works out for you. I am not sure how well I would work with my spouse.
    He'd be mostly working on stuff so I probably wouldn't see him much which would be good. The guys think it would be good to have someone who's smart, has an understanding of vehicles(even as minute of an understanding as I have) and have a pretty face, be in charge of customer service. Ugh, I'm becoming my nightmare lol.

Ugh, I'm becoming my nightmare lol.
    lol. It sounds like you will do fine.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I got the lamb breast as is, bones, fat pad, silver skin and all. It was dirt cheap. It's also a tough cut of meat, so expect some chewing.

Stuffed lamb breast
    1 slab lamb breast, deboned, silverskin removed. Approx 1 lb pretrimming per person. Reserve any meat or fat removed while removing bones and silver skin (approx 1/4 c chopped.)
    1 shallot, thinly sliced
    1/4 onion, diced
    1/2 head garlic (I was running low), thinly sliced
    1/2 summer squash (zuke, yellow, etc), 1/2" cubes
    1/4 c nuts (I used pecans)
    1/4 apple, 1/2" cubes (I used a Jonagold)
    1/4 red wine (I used a shiraz) or vegetable broth
    1/2 tsp cumin
    1/2 coriander
    3-4 fennel seeds
    (smoked) salt
    pepper
    1/2 4 tsp ground sage

Stuffing:
    Heat olive oil in a saute pan. Add everything but the whole lamb breast and stir until lamb is browned or apple is browned.

Breast:
    Preheat oven to 400*F
    Cut several pockets into your lamb breast if your deboning didn't leave neat little pockets or prep to be rolled and tied. Stuff pockets with still warm stuffing or roll breast around stuffing and tie with twine. Liberally smear on olive oil on all sides. Bake at 450* for approximately 20 min. Pull out, let rest for 10 min.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome