Page 166 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176216266666 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 166

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yeowch. Things'll look up eventually and y'all'll get out or get good jobs, one of the two. Treat your bosses like mushrooms in the meantime: keep 'em in the dark and feed them (sterilized) shit.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Yeowch. Things'll look up eventually and y'all'll get out or get good jobs, one of the two. Treat your bosses like mushrooms in the meantime: keep 'em in the dark and feed them (sterilized) shit.
    Yup yup. That is the plan. Going to keep my head down and say as little as possible.

How are things looking in your neck of the woods? Getting any better?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I know a guy who quit a good paying high stress job and went to washing dishes at a sports bar and loves every minute of it. He's now working his way up to bar tender. Good luck in whatever our POS economy gives you.
    Georgette

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    The new A/C condenser is on it's way via freight, due here anywhere from tomorrow to 2 weeks from now. It was about an eighth the original estimate we were quoted.
    I'm feeling a cubic shit ton better, in ways I didn't even fathom possible for myself.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I know a guy who quit a good paying high stress job and went to washing dishes at a sports bar and loves every minute of it. He's now working his way up to bar tender. Good luck in whatever our POS economy gives you.
    Yeah, I'd really like to be a line cook at a restaurant, but not some chain POS restaurant like Chilis or whatever. I'm about a year away from being done with my Culinary Arts degree, which might help me get a foot in the door, though hell, I'll wash dishes or prep, at this point I'll take pretty much anything.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

The new A/C condenser is on it's way via freight, due here anywhere from tomorrow to 2 weeks from now. It was about an eighth the original estimate we were quoted.
    I'm feeling a cubic shit ton better, in ways I didn't even fathom possible for myself.
    Good news on both parts. There are a lot of days I'd take a cubic shit ton better.
    Georgette

That is awesome! Yay for feeling better. 1/8th of the price? woot, motherfrackin, woot.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Yeah, I'd really like to be a line cook at a restaurant, but not some chain POS restaurant like Chilis or whatever. I'm about a year away from being done with my Culinary Arts degree, which might help me get a foot in the door, though hell, I'll wash dishes or prep, at this point I'll take pretty much anything.
    I keep thinking about doing this in a few years. I totally agree with you about not working at some chain though. A friend of mine, her boyfriend just took a job as a manager in a local restaurant, has a marketing degree but can't find shit for work in his field. He has a passion for cooking and is looking into different culinary schools here. His goal in 5-10 years is to start his own restaurant.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    He has a passion for cooking and is looking into different culinary schools here. His goal in 5-10 years is to start his own restaurant.
    The problem with most culinary schools is that they are expensive as hell. You pay 20 grand and then make $9/hr. Hell, even the Culinary Institute of AZ is like 15 grand. I go at the community college it takes longer since we do not go all day every day for 9 months straight and is way, way cheaper. Is the education as good? Probably not as an actual culinary school is more intensive, gets you more time in the kitchen etc but you learn the basics. It's not like I am looking to work at the French Laundry.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    The problem with most culinary schools is that they are expensive as hell. You pay 20 grand and then make $9/hr. Hell, even the Culinary Institute of AZ is like 15 grand. I go at the community college it takes longer since we do not go all day every day for 9 months straight and is way, way cheaper. Is the education as good? Probably not as an actual culinary school is more intensive, gets you more time in the kitchen etc but you learn the basics. It's not like I am looking to work at the French Laundry.
    I went to HS with a guy who is the Executive Chef at The Avenues in Chicago. He went to the local Vocational school in HS for culinary arts then went on to a local community college in the same area. He worked his way up in the industry and he's got an awesome gig now.
    Georgette