Page 162 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212262662 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 162

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Hmm... I need to buy that miniranch as of yesterday. If you're willing to be out in BBFE (Beyond BFE, nearest town of decent size is an hour into Mexico, all the better when it all goes to hell), it goes down to $300/ acre.
    Hmmmm, let's all chip in $300. I would definitely leave the OH.
    Georgette

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    A ranch in BFE certainly has its charms. If it could be equipped with high speed internet I might consider it.

So dogs...I just don't get them lately. Not in general. I mean, they are friendly, slobbery little things...no, wait, that is kids. Well, you get the point. What I don't get is the whole mutt that isn't a mutt thing. Today at the pet store we say "Rairin" Terriers or something like that. It was a mix between a rat terrier and a cairrin (spelling?) terrier. When the hell did that not make a mutt? Two boston terriers = boston terrier. Two labs = a lab. One whatever + one different whatever = a mutt. When did that change? They wanted $500 for those mutts. They were cute but not $500 cute.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Our full blooded Australian Shepherd was free and our mutt we paid $100 for. The mutt is a way better dog than the full blooded one. The mutt rarely barks, does what you tell her to and is just sweet.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Our full blooded Australian Shepherd was free and our mutt we paid $100 for. The mutt is a way better dog than the full blooded one. The mutt rarely barks, does what you tell her to and is just sweet.
    Yeah, I am all about mutts. I am just not about paying $500 for one because you are clever enough to combine the two names into something fancy and think that makes it a new dog breed. And, yes, I am aware that there is a hybrid pet registry. It is much like calling a used car 'pre-owned' a mutt is a mutt and a used car is a used car. Fancying it up wont change what it is.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Yeah, I am all about mutts. I am just not about paying $500 for one because you are clever enough to combine the two names into something fancy and think that makes it a new dog breed. And, yes, I am aware that there is a hybrid pet registry. It is much like calling a used car 'pre-owned' a mutt is a mutt and a used car is a used car. Fancying it up wont change what it is.
    George Carlin had a bit on making language "nice" or politically correct as we tend to call it. It was basically to the point that changing the language may make things sound "nice" but it doesn't get to the jist of the problem. Like taking the term "shell shock" and its now "post traumatic stress disorder". May have added 6 syllables to the pc version but it doesn't get people the treatment they deserve.
    Georgette

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    We had several dogs growing up. THey were all free. The best ones of the lot were a Norwich terrier (no papers becausewe got her off the side o fthe road, but all the markings and such), and a border collie mix (mostly collie, about 1/4 "other".) The worst was a full blooded pug we petsat for a neighbor. That thing was vicious, ill tempered, badly trained, and territorial. It tried to pick a fight with the border collie over rule of the backyard (and lost.) It lost several fights to the cats. I was never so glad to see an animal leave our home.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Hmm...that is too bad as I rather like pugs. I like Boston Terriers too...little dogs that do not look/act like little dogs. Since we have a 25 pound weight limit at our apt a big dog is out sadly.

Hmm...that is too bad as I rather like pugs. I like Boston Terriers too...little dogs that do not look/act like little dogs. Since we have a 25 pound weight limit at our apt a big dog is out sadly.
    Do Boston Terriers get over 25 lbs? I wouldn't think they did.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Do Boston Terriers get over 25 lbs? I wouldn't think they did.
    Not generally no. Perhaps a Boston would be okay. Wife wants a mini-schnauser...yikes. Not a fan.

While speaking of not being a fan, my ass needs to get back in gear. Apparently a month+ of fucking around and doing more of a 20/80 rule has put me at a weight I do not like to see on the damned scale. I had a really great week two weeks ago and then fell off the fucking wagon so hard I want to pimp slap myself. There isn't even a good reason for it besides being too fucking big a pussy to do the right thing. Oh, eat the icecream it will be fine...no it wont. put that shit down. grrr.

Not generally no. Perhaps a Boston would be okay. Wife wants a mini-schnauser...yikes. Not a fan.

While speaking of not being a fan, my ass needs to get back in gear. Apparently a month+ of fucking around and doing more of a 20/80 rule has put me at a weight I do not like to see on the damned scale. I had a really great week two weeks ago and then fell off the fucking wagon so hard I want to pimp slap myself. There isn't even a good reason for it besides being too fucking big a pussy to do the right thing. Oh, eat the icecream it will be fine...no it wont. put that shit down. grrr.
    Not a fan of any dog that has the word "mini" as part of its breed.

Sorry to hear that. If you were doing the leptin reset that I'm doing, one bit of ice cream would kill you. I took the girls to get some ice cream Saturday and didn't get any for me. Tristan offered me a bite of hers so I obliged and OMG it made me so damn sick. Killer headache, shakes you name it. No more for me unless I make it myself and control the sugar.
    Georgette