Page 158 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208258658 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 158

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Sounds like me. 0650 and my body's going "you want me to do what now? Get fucked," my brain's going "I'm not getting up for that," and my giveadamn is still fast asleep.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    I left my giveadamn somewhere over the weekend. Hell, it went out of whack somewhere around February. People need to start hiring.

Also found out the only decent place to eat in town is closing. FML.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Ouch. That blows.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Ouch. That blows.
    Indeed. Also, perhaps one of you smart people can explain something to me... I have to attend once monthly training on different HR topics. I don't work HR nor do I give a shit but it is required because someone higher up the CoC than I am decided it was important. Anyway, before each of these trainings they send out powerpoint slides which we are required to printout, read, and bring with us. Then at the training they read all the slides to us. So, why the fuck would I need someone else to read slides to me I already read? Why is there 'training' at all when it only consists of reading slides?

Oh, and now I have been scheduled for a 3 day 'Leadership' Seminar to go along with the 7 or 8 others I have already been sent to.

Did I mention FML?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Indeed. Also, perhaps one of you smart people can explain something to me... I have to attend once monthly training on different HR topics. I don't work HR nor do I give a shit but it is required because someone higher up the CoC than I am decided it was important. Anyway, before each of these trainings they send out powerpoint slides which we are required to printout, read, and bring with us. Then at the training they read all the slides to us. So, why the fuck would I need someone else to read slides to me I already read? Why is there 'training' at all when it only consists of reading slides?

Oh, and now I have been scheduled for a 3 day 'Leadership' Seminar to go along with the 7 or 8 others I have already been sent to.

Did I mention FML?
    You get the Epic Fail of the Month award. Naiad needs to pass that to you for now.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    You get the Epic Fail of the Month award. Naiad needs to pass that to you for now.
    Thanks but it is more annoyance than anything. I don't have any 'real' problems. I am in good health for a fat dude, I am happily married, my car is still running (knock on wood), and I have a job to hate. It could be a hell of a lot worse. I just really, really, really hate stupidity and doing things just because some dumbass thinks it is a good idea without any justification.

Thanks but it is more annoyance than anything. I don't have any 'real' problems. I am in good health for a fat dude, I am happily married, my car is still running (knock on wood), and I have a job to hate. It could be a hell of a lot worse. I just really, really, really hate stupidity and doing things just because some dumbass thinks it is a good idea without any justification.
    I think most days, I feel about the same as you do. Except for a few exceptions lol. As for the job, this is what happens when you work for the gov't and one talks out of their mouth and the other talks out of their ass.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I think most days, I feel about the same as you do. Except for a few exceptions lol. As for the job, this is what happens when you work for the gov't and one talks out of their mouth and the other talks out of their ass.
    The sad truth is I really have only ever worked for teh government...right out of college I worked with the Dept of Ag, then I was a teacher, then in the Army, and now I work for the Army. I need to get into the real world to see if it is any better. Sadly I am not sure it is.

The sad truth is I really have only ever worked for teh government...right out of college I worked with the Dept of Ag, then I was a teacher, then in the Army, and now I work for the Army. I need to get into the real world to see if it is any better. Sadly I am not sure it is.
    It's really not. The good thing is that everyone talks out of their ass collectively! So you at least have more consistency in that area.
    Georgette

One thing that bugs me is wasted money. If the government really wanted to save cash they would not ask politicians and auditors. They would go to the supply and low level finace folks (those on a dept level) and ask. I worked finance as my first job and could easily have cut 20% from the budget with no loss of services. The same goes for where I am now. Yet, all that comes down is "Cut X%" and everyone goes into an uproar and starts wanting to lay people off because heaven forbid they cut some money from office supplies or the like. For example at the end of last fiscal year we were spending close to 100K a day on shit we really do not need. I can hire 3 guards for a year on what was wasted in one day.