Page 156 of 1099 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206256656 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 10982

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 156

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm not much of a squah fan at all. Most of it seems tasteless and bland. Still need to get the balls up to try cooking the turnips and parsnips I bought.
    Georgette

I'm the only one in the house that won't eat spaghetti squash, I'm really not good with the taste or the texture.
    Georgette

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    I'm kind of jealous. What I eat on a daily basis seems really boring compared to what you all make. My meal is almost always a large hunk of grilled meat with a side of some green leafy vegetable. Not a lot of thought or ingredients go into it.
    Honestly, if I were just cooking for me this would be the way it would be most times. I am very meatcentric. My wife on the other hand would quickly say "F*ck this primal shit" if that was how I cooked as she is not a big meat fan and is more interested in decent side items. That requires a little more creativity. Creativity meaning asking Naiad, Geo, and Twibble for recipes
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

So I made it with some modifications. Ribs had a Moroccan spice rub which has some sugar in it but eh, whatever. I used zuke and eggplant since there were no other squashes to be found. For the sauce I used butter, HWC, sharp cheddar and Monterrey jack. Sauteed up the veggies, put them in pyrex, pour on the cheese sauce, baked. All in all pretty damned good.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Honestly, if I were just cooking for me this would be the way it would be most times. I am very meatcentric. My wife on the other hand would quickly say "F*ck this primal shit" if that was how I cooked as she is not a big meat fan and is more interested in decent side items. That requires a little more creativity. Creativity meaning asking Naiad, Geo, and Twibble for recipes

You do what you have to so the both of you are happy. Makes sense really.
    Georgette

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I don't know that mine are creative so much as "let's hope this works" or "how do I make this work since it doesn't want to." I'm an engineer. I don't like being told there's no solution; matter of fact, the best way to get me to do something unfamiliar is to tell me it's impossible. Thanks for the compliment, though!
    Sounds like your version worked really well.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I'm the type that'll make a dish according to the recipe then if it's like, I expand on it. I never had any formal training just learned on my own. Thanks for the compliment
    Georgette

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    That is sort of the problem getting my wife to stick to it. She gets bored eating what I like and wants to cheat. Neither of us are the greatest cooks, so I am trying to pick up what I can from the rest of you.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    That is sort of the problem getting my wife to stick to it. She gets bored eating what I like and wants to cheat. Neither of us are the greatest cooks, so I am trying to pick up what I can from the rest of you.
    Yeah, give the posted recipes a try. It is amazing how tasty food can be with a few ingredients and no major special techniques. It is kind of sad really that now when I go out to eat I often say, "huh, I can make better than this at home."

Our favorite broccoli recipe is this. Blanch some broccoli in boiling water until just barely soft, then shock in ice cold water. While the broccoli is cooling off, in you sautee pan add some olive oil and garlic and let sautee for a minute. Drain the water off your broccoli and add to the oil, sautee for 5 minutes and you can actually let it sit in the pan as you want black bits on it. Once cooked, you'll add some S&P and squeeze lemon juice on top. If you want a little more heat, add some red pepper flakes. My kids LOVE this recipe.
    Georgette