Page 155 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205255655 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 10727

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 155

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Thought you might like that.
    butter, heavy cream, and cheese. wtf is not to like?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    butter, heavy cream, and cheese. wtf is not to like?
    The fact that I hide squash in it. On the plus side, I was able to sneak some squash into my niece with this recipe because of all the cheese, so itis even veggie hater friendly!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

The fact that I hide squash in it. On the plus side, I was able to sneak some squash into my niece with this recipe because of all the cheese, so itis even veggie hater friendly!
    Whatever fools the kidlets. Now...butternut squash, acorn squah...hell, perhaps every squash I can find...
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Whatever fools the kidlets. Now...butternut squash, acorn squah...hell, perhaps every squash I can find...
    I usually use summer squashes (zuke, yellow, chayote, etc.) Turban squash and calabaza squash played really well in it. Acorn was kinda... eh.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I usually use summer squashes (zuke, yellow, chayote, etc.) Turban squash and calabaza squash played really well in it. Acorn was kinda... eh.
    Hmm...the zuke etc do not get too mushy? That has been my issue with them in the past.

If you use zuke, don't cook it anywhere near as long. Give it a quick saute in butter and garlic, maybe a minute at most. Toss it with the hot alfredo sauce and toss/ top that with cheese. As soon as your cheese melts, pull it from the heat. If you're baking it and want the crunchy cheese top, hit it with a torch or the broiler, but the broiler may push the zuke over the edge unless you have the broiler of dooooom.
    Most often I use chayote, if you can get your hands on it. It takes heat abuse a lot better than most summer squashes.
    My Primal Battle Tome

If you use zuke, don't cook it anywhere near as long. Give it a quick saute in butter and garlic, maybe a minute at most. Toss it with the hot alfredo sauce and toss/ top that with cheese. As soon as your cheese melts, pull it from the heat. If you're baking it and want the crunchy cheese top, hit it with a torch or the broiler, but the broiler may push the zuke over the edge unless you have the broiler of dooooom.
    I have the broiler of "OMFG wtf is all that smoke?! Open a GD Window!!!!" but I will give it a try

I have the broiler of "OMFG wtf is all that smoke?! Open a GD Window!!!!" but I will give it a try
    Our oven did fairly well with it, provided I barely gave the zuke enough saute to get warm. Ours is just a standard generic range/ oven, base model.
    My Primal Battle Tome

lunch was pretty damned good.

carrot ginger soup and seared salmon w/ sauteed veg in a garlic white wine sauce.

skink531 is online now Senior Member
    I'm kind of jealous. What I eat on a daily basis seems really boring compared to what you all make. My meal is almost always a large hunk of grilled meat with a side of some green leafy vegetable. Not a lot of thought or ingredients go into it.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."