Page 154 of 1088 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254654 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 10880

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 154

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    45% contained. Woot woot. People are calming down, which is good. Thanks all for the concern and well wishes.

Of course yesterday the Army decided that is just had to know that every single person was accounted for meaning everyone had to be called in to verify they were alive. As if in the week since the fire started we had not bothered to check. We were just sitting here going, "Huh, I haven't seen George in a week. I hope the Army decides to ask everyone to come in to verify their status here soon. It really is a mystery."
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Dinner last night was curried fish soup. It wasn't necessarily intended to be soup but eh.

1 can of coconut milk
    1 can of chicken broth
    1/2 Vidalia Onion
    Fish - in this case Pollack - a pound/1.5 pounds or so
    cauliflower
    garlic
    2 Tbs Curry Powder (one hot, one sweet)
    S+P
    Dash of Cinammon & Nutmeg

Cook cauliflower and mash it.

Meanwhile sautee up the onion - sliced thin and such toss in some garlic (as much as you want)
    Add coconut milk and broth to the onions
    Add in the spices
    Add in the fish
    Cook that shiat
    Toss in the mashed cauliflower
    Cook it some moar

Eat it

It was thinner than I like. You could probably reduce down the liquid before adding the fish etc or use a thickener of somekind. Besides that it was good.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    1 hot, 1 sweet
    Happen to know the curry names? I'm kinda figuring on using a Madras and a Garam Masala or potent masalsa that we make, but I wanted to see which ones you used.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Happen to know the curry names? I'm kinda figuring on using a Madras and a Garam Masala or potent masalsa that we make, but I wanted to see which ones you used.
    No idea. I ordered them through a spice company in chigaco. One is called hot curry powder one is called sweet curry powder.

Curry Powder, Sweet

Curry Powder, Hot

They have other blends, but those are the two I happen to have currently.

So ribs tonight...and I need side item ideas. Bored of the same old crap. Thoughts anyone?

grilled veggies (brussel sprouts and peppers would play well together)
    basic green salad with a spicy dressing, tomato, cuke, and avocado
    garlic butter summer squash
    squasharoni and cheese (replace noodles with garlic sauteed chunks of squash and make mac and cheese)
    veggie primal summer rolls
    cole slaw (I detest the stuff, bit it'd work well)
    broc/ cauli and cheese
    hollandaise veggies
    raw veggies w/ your preferred dressing
    gazpacho
    roasted nopalitas
    pepper poppers
    mushroom poppers
    swet tater (baked, made into fries, made into chips...)
    veggies stir fried with butter and an amended version of your rub
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

squasharoni and cheese (replace noodles with garlic sauteed chunks of squash and make mac and cheese)
    Holy crap, this is genius.

Edit: I should ask what you use in your bechemel if not flour. Arrowroot?

Mine actually starts with a loose alfredo (more cream, less parm) instead of a bechamel. Gets even more cheese into it and adds a flavor all it's own.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Mine actually starts with a loose alfredo (more cream, less parm) instead of a bechamel. Gets even more cheese into it and adds a flavor all it's own.
    awesome. thanks a ton. This is going to be awesome

Thought you might like that.
    My Primal Battle Tome