Page 151 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251651 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 151

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    You've got to love government bureaucracy in action. They want to motivate by giving you a lesser score than what you deserve. Then turn around and punish you for not scoring higher. I've been there and I feel your pain. I once received a lower eval because my 'stats' weren't up with some of the other guys on the shift. I tried to point out that there's were almost all traffic tickets and mine were all bad guys taken to jail, so which is more important?. I got the answer, and I was not on the winning side.

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I'm not in the military. I work for the Dept of the Army. So I work for the army but am not in the army. I can leave as soon as I find another job. Just right now, as you know, the economy is shit and the gov't has a hiring freeze.
    I bet Texas prisons don't.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I KNOW the Midland prison has openings for employment. They ALWAYS do.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I KNOW the Midland prison has openings for employment. They ALWAYS do.
    There is something about being surrounded by hundreds of men who lack a woman for years that does not make me rush out to do corrections. I don't care how bad ass you are 100 inmates to 1 guard is not fun, and I am not a bad ass.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    I tried to point out that there's were almost all traffic tickets and mine were all bad guys taken to jail, so which is more important?. I got the answer, and I was not on the winning side.
    Traffic tickets = revenue. Revenue = good.

You got screwed by the greedy system. Sorry to hear it man. If it helps, we the people prefer you to get the bad guys off the street.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Traffic tickets = revenue. Revenue = good.

You got screwed by the greedy system. Sorry to hear it man. If it helps, we the people prefer you to get the bad guys off the street.
    Yep, that's it exactly. I was also told(off the record, of course) that the city commissioners didn't like seeing all the stuff in the news paper's crime report that made the city look like a dangerous place. It is not good for attracting businesses and new residents. Oh, and I worked corrections for 2 years. Yeah...won't be going back to that any time soon. They say "here's your radio, set of handcuffs, and some pepper spray. Now get in there with those 80 convicted criminals." Oh, and when the shit hits the fan your back-up is waiting for Central Control to push the right buttons to let them get to you.

Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    Yep, that's it exactly. I was also told(off the record, of course) that the city commissioners didn't like seeing all the stuff in the news paper's crime report that made the city look like a dangerous place. It is not good for attracting businesses and new residents. Oh, and I worked corrections for 2 years. Yeah...won't be going back to that any time soon. They say "here's your radio, set of handcuffs, and some pepper spray. Now get in there with those 80 convicted criminals." Oh, and when the shit hits the fan your back-up is waiting for Central Control to push the right buttons to let them get to you.
    That sounds about right. If a place has too high a crime rate then it is a bad place so it is far better that crime is not reported/solved. Yeah, lovely. And then you have lovely speed traps where tickets are king. I can't recall the name of the little town outside of Gainesville, but half of it's annual income was from tickets. It was crazy.

Well, it has been an entertaining day. Our entire area is still on fire and it is spreading towards Post so that might make for a busy weekend. Beyond that I ate a kick ass omelet, had a very entertaining oil change, and went by our new good co-op. They have full fat Greek yogurt! woot woot! Not fage but it is pretty good. I also got a bottle of koumucha(?) it is ginger flavored and pretty good too. I picked up a bar of 85% chocolate I had not tried before...dehgoba I think....and hell, if Yoda will live there it must be good.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Well, it has been an entertaining day. Our entire area is still on fire and it is spreading towards Post so that might make for a busy weekend. Beyond that I ate a kick ass omelet, had a very entertaining oil change, and went by our new good co-op. They have full fat Greek yogurt! woot woot! Not fage but it is pretty good. I also got a bottle of koumucha(?) it is ginger flavored and pretty good too. I picked up a bar of 85% chocolate I had not tried before...dehgoba I think....and hell, if Yoda will live there it must be good.
    Sounds like a good day other than the fire. Jealous. I want to hear about the oil change lol
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Sounds like a good day other than the fire. Jealous. I want to hear about the oil change lol
    It's hard to explain and you kind of had to be there, but at one point my wife looked at me and said, "Are we in a disney movie?"