Page 149 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249649 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 149

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Yup, and it would be one thing if the other agencies reciprocated. For example, the Fire Dept is in charge of cerifiying instructors for CPR etc. They also have all the training equipment. I've been trying to get our 3 instructors certified in the new standards for 3-4 months and keep getting blown off. I called about it again today, and while I realize there is a fire going on in the area, it isn't like thier trainer is out there fighting it (the guy makes me look to be in good shape). He basically told me to go fuck myself and try to get with a local hospital for training. Really? He has 2 of the only 3 certified train the trainers on Post and that is what I get. FML and pretty much F*ck everyone (at least everyone around here)
    That's called "You can't win for losing".
    Georgette

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    The larger a company gets, the closer it approximates the government. We have offices all over the country, 20,000 employees, and are only a subbranch of a global company.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    That's called "You can't win for losing".
    Exactly. I just do not understand why people make things so difficult.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Exactly. I just do not understand why people make things so difficult.
    You and me both, buddy.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    The larger a company gets, the closer it approximates the government. We have offices all over the country, 20,000 employees, and are only a subbranch of a global company.
    Ah, I see. Well, good luck with that. I need to win the lottery already. Oh, and thanks for the numbers a while back (and thanks to Geo and Skink too) so far no luck though.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    I have worked in training and feel your pain. I both loved it and hated it for the reasons you do. My current agency has both LEO and Fire/Rescue under one agency umbrella. The Fire side will not train the LEO side in CPR. They say it is against their policy. WHAT!!!. We work for the same place and have the same boss!!! I'm glad it isn't my problem at the moment.

I just had to explain to one of my bosses the idea behind the 100- year floodplain, right down to having to break out the statistics. He's a biologic engineer (no clue either, he does more with civil stuff that that), so I could grasp it until he'd told me that he'd messed with FEMA floodplain maps before, in FL. Whuh?!
    My Primal Battle Tome

It looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking

geostump is offline Senior Member
    It looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking
    If any of us start, then we should all have a double.
    Georgette

Drink until double vision? Honey, I don't need help with that...

(Yes, I know what a double is.)
    My Primal Battle Tome