Page 148 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198248648 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 10727

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 148

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Bald men are sexy. Stumpy likes to say he's the 3 B's: Big Bald and Beautiful.

I just was thinking about the mobility thing. If you look in the Fitness forum, do a search on mobility and something should pop up in there.
    I'll give the fitness forum a look. Now my FiL is gone I should have more time to get my ass moving. As for sexy, well, I have a ways to go, but I'll get there.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Am I the only one tired of the "I got my blood test results OMFGWTFBBQIAMGONNADIE!!!!1" posts? Did they read the book? Did they read Griff's primer? le sigh.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    This is why I almost always stay clear of everthing but the journals. The rest makes me want to shove pointy objects into people.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Smile and nod and ignore the ijits.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    I can't resist the siren call of the "New Posts" link... but, I try to be selective about what I reply to / what I stay subscribed to after it goes downhill.

Yeah, I should learn to ignore stupidity, but it is so hard.

on that note the Canio6 GotD: so I work for a department that includes 4 different agencies. Each agency has it's own chain of command and training officer. They all connect at the top with the director and dept. director. I am training officer and second highest ranking person in my agency. So I schedule training for my agency which includes about 50 people. I do this because we work shifts that makes it difficult to get to training at traditional times, as such when I arrange it I can bring in trainers around our schedule.

Yesterday an email comes down asking where we all stand on blah training. I respond that we are all in compliance as we had that training in April. Today I get an email demanding that next time I include every agency in our training and why was that not done this time?

Well, let me see...I have a training room that seats 20. As such I can train our three shifts one at at time in 3 sessions over one day. As I am their boss I can tell them when to show up. I can't do that with the other agencies and if they are included I now have 200+ people and have to find a different training venue which can be a royal pain in the ass. The last time that was done it meant our mid shift had to come in at 11 am in the middle of their night. Also despite having a room size of 40 in the different venue and requiring rsvps, we had 60+ show up at one time because two agencies refused to reserve spots. The fire marshall shut down the training. Also, why the frack does every agency have a training officer if I am expected to schedule training for all four, especially given I am the lowest paid of said training officers? Yeah, f' that.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Yeah, I should learn to ignore stupidity, but it is so hard.

on that note the Canio6 GotD: so I work for a department that includes 4 different agencies. Each agency has it's own chain of command and training officer. They all connect at the top with the director and dept. director. I am training officer and second highest ranking person in my agency. So I schedule training for my agency which includes about 50 people. I do this because we work shifts that makes it difficult to get to training at traditional times, as such when I arrange it I can bring in trainers around our schedule.

Yesterday an email comes down asking where we all stand on blah training. I respond that we are all in compliance as we had that training in April. Today I get an email demanding that next time I include every agency in our training and why was that not done this time?

Well, let me see...I have a training room that seats 20. As such I can train our three shifts one at at time in 3 sessions over one day. As I am their boss I can tell them when to show up. I can't do that with the other agencies and if they are included I now have 200+ people and have to find a different training venue which can be a royal pain in the ass. The last time that was done it meant our mid shift had to come in at 11 am in the middle of their night. Also despite having a room size of 40 in the different venue and requiring rsvps, we had 60+ show up at one time because two agencies refused to reserve spots. The fire marshall shut down the training. Also, why the frack does every agency have a training officer if I am expected to schedule training for all four, especially given I am the lowest paid of said training officers? Yeah, f' that.
    The joys of the public sector. I've heard the same gripe from other non-military gov't employees.

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    The joys of the public sector. I've heard the same gripe from other non-military gov't employees.
    Yup, and it would be one thing if the other agencies reciprocated. For example, the Fire Dept is in charge of cerifiying instructors for CPR etc. They also have all the training equipment. I've been trying to get our 3 instructors certified in the new standards for 3-4 months and keep getting blown off. I called about it again today, and while I realize there is a fire going on in the area, it isn't like thier trainer is out there fighting it (the guy makes me look to be in good shape). He basically told me to go fuck myself and try to get with a local hospital for training. Really? He has 2 of the only 3 certified train the trainers on Post and that is what I get. FML and pretty much F*ck everyone (at least everyone around here)

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    We have a mandatory training that must be completed with 90 days of hire, preferably inhouse and within 30 days. The same training was being done in the area within 30 days, but by another company that my office works with fairly frequently. Corporate actually heavily contemplated shipping me to Rhode Island from West Texas, complete with training fees, room, board and travel, as opposed to let me travel 1.5 hrs each way to a local city to get trained in the exact same thing for free by another (subcontractor) company.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    We have a mandatory training that must be completed with 90 days of hire, preferably inhouse and within 30 days. The same training was being done in the area within 30 days, but by another company that my office works with fairly frequently. Corporate actually heavily contemplated shipping me to Rhode Island from West Texas, complete with training fees, room, board and travel, as opposed to let me travel 1.5 hrs each way to a local city to get trained in the exact same thing for free by another (subcontractor) company.
    Hmm...your corporation seems to have about as much sense as the government.