Page 145 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155195245645 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 10727

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 145

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I have veggies I buy frozen, but usually, we (I) go through it quick enough and I can get it cheap enough that fresh is a better deal. The selection at HEB kinda blows, too. They have half a freezer row on one side for frozen veggies, including corn and frozen fruit. The rest of that side is potato products.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    That sounds good. Nothing beats homemade dressing. Are we talking yellow squash or others? Spaghetti squash is kick ass if you can find it for a reasonable price.
    I was thinking summer squashes (yellow, zuke, calabaza, etc.) Wasn't big on spag squash when I had it, I need to give it another shot. I also need to give acorn and turban squah another shot.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I was thinking summer squashes (yellow, zuke, calabaza, etc.) Wasn't big on spag squash when I had it, I need to give it another shot. I also need to give acorn and turban squah another shot.

Hmm...at one time I had a kick ass calabaza soup recipe. I need to see if I can dig it up.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Hmm...at one time I had a kick ass calabaza soup recipe. I need to see if I can dig it up.
    I have a GREAT tomatillo stew recipe I need to dig out.
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    The family likes spaghetti squash, I don't. I'm really not a fan of squash unless its zuke or yellow. What is calabazza squash? Is it native to you guys in the SW or what?

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    The family likes spaghetti squash, I don't. I'm really not a fan of squash unless its zuke or yellow. What is calabazza squash? Is it native to you guys in the SW or what?

It's south american if I remember correctly. I like zuke and yellow squash but not when they get too soft, which seems to happen far too easily if I get distracted while cooking.

Naiad...tomatillo stew...that sounds great. Find the recipe
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

geostump is offline Senior Member
    It's south american if I remember correctly. I like zuke and yellow squash but not when they get too soft, which seems to happen far too easily if I get distracted while cooking.
    That would be why I haven't seen it up here then.

That would be why I haven't seen it up here then.
    I think the reason is that Ohio just straight up sucks. Move already.

OH CRAP, I was using the wrong term.
    The calabaza is a gourd shaped and colored squash. I was refering to another one, and I can't remember the word for it. It's another Mexican squash, looks kinda like a zuke/ eggplant hybrid, but it's light green and speckled or veined, about the length of a zuke.
    My Primal Battle Tome

PrimalCon New York
    Hmmm...that one I don't know.