Page 14 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624641145141014 ... LastLast

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 14

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I believe one of my best friends put it as "if you want equality, take equality. If you want special treatment, call it special treatment. No dicking around with it." While I do believe that reproductively necessary items should be legally protected (nursing/ pumping rooms, maternity/ paternity leave, stuff like that) I don't like the idea of equal but better, which it seems like a lot of feminists are going for. That smacks of "4 legs good, two legs better" and "separate but equal."
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Except pee standing up. Women can never take that one away from us. There, I feel better for men everywhere
    I have peed standing up before. Just took the removal of lots of clothes lol.

Mom was... indifferent to a lot of the details of raising us. Dad and all our relatives raised us with "So what, girls can do that too." We were never given the option to weenie out due to our gender. We played soccer, hell, my youngest sister played soccer on a boys rec team because the girls were all afraid of the damn ball. I came home with a C on a paper because I went with a feminist approach to the question, my Dad told me to take it up the chain of command. I got my A. Like I said, our gender was never an excuse.
    Being that my mom ended up being both mom & dad I was raised with more of a feminist bent most of my life. Not a lot of true male influence in my life which I sometimes think may have not been a good thing. The men my sisters married seemed to be pussies. I honestly think I ended up with the most masculine man to make me feel more feminine.

The only sport I played was football and that's because I could tackle better than any boy due to a lower center of gravity and I had no fear of them. Wasn't allowed to play on any leagues or teams though because I hit too hard.
    Georgette

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I don't like the idea of equal but better, which it seems like a lot of feminists are going for. That smacks of "4 legs good, two legs better" and "separate but equal."
    I consider myself a femanist in that I believe a woman is just as good as a man and should be treated just the same. As such, I definitely agree with your post. Also any reference to Animal Farm gets a thumbs up from me
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    The only sport I played was football and that's because I could tackle better than any boy due to a lower center of gravity and I had no fear of them. Wasn't allowed to play on any leagues or teams though because I hit too hard.
    I didn't play football because I was short, fat, and slow. I did wrestle though which was fun. We actually had a female on the team and she was a bad ass and hot as hell too. I was very glad she was in a lower weight class than me because I am pretty sure she would have whooped my ass.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

I consider myself a femanist in that I believe a woman is just as good as a man and should be treated just the same. As such, I definitely agree with your post. Also any reference to Animal Farm gets a thumbs up from me
    I guess I need to re-read Animal Farm. Good thing I have a copy of that in the shed. I preferred Shakespeare over Orwell.
    Georgette

I didn't play football because I was short, fat, and slow. I did wrestle though which was fun. We actually had a female on the team and she was a bad ass and hot as hell too. I was very glad she was in a lower weight class than me because I am pretty sure she would have whooped my ass.
    The boys in the neighborhood said I was a badass too lol.
    Georgette

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I read Animal Farm fairly young (for its target audience): I think I was 10 or 12. It may have influenced my mind more than I realized, because equality and fairness are a big thing for me. Not fairness as in communism, fairness as in the golden rule and you get what you work for.

I never played football because I was TINY. No one ever let me play with them because they were afraid they'd break me. Didn't matter that I could get hipchecked across a field in soccer, bounce back up and make the winning goal, or get bounced across the driveway while playing yard hockey and then beat the shit out of whoever bounced me, they were afraid they break me.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I guess I need to re-read Animal Farm. Good thing I have a copy of that in the shed. I preferred Shakespeare over Orwell.
    Truth be told all I read these days is sci-fi and fantasy. That said the writing in many recent sci-fi books is becoming much more 'literary' for lack of a better term. There seems to have been a swing away from technology only sci-fi into more writing intense if that makes any sense

jermert is offline Member
    Man you are doing great! Do you have any issues with cheating when you are at class?

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    , or get bounced across the driveway while playing yard hockey and then beat the shit out of whoever bounced me, they were afraid they break me.
    Note to self: never play yard hockey with Naiadknight...