Page 131 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181231631 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 10727

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 131

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I've read all 36? 38? of them. Most I have read twice, some 5-6 times. All in all an easy yet entertaining read. And he is smart which is nice to see. I apprecaite people who can be smart and funny.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Hey! Short red heads don't count!
    I'd much rather see a short red head than a leprechaun.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I've read all 36? 38? of them. Most I have read twice, some 5-6 times. All in all an easy yet entertaining read. And he is smart which is nice to see. I apprecaite people who can be smart and funny.
    Yeah, it's hard to find smart and funny, especially in the world of writing. I like his writing. I think the only reason I never read his works was that I have this thing about HAVING TO (no option) read a series in order. If I can't find the beginning book or can't figure out which book starts the series, I won't read it. It took the republishing of Colour of Magic for me to be able to start the series, because up until then I couldn't figure out which book started the series.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I'd much rather see a short red head than a leprechaun.
    HEY-yO!!!!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Yeah, it's hard to find smart and funny, especially in the world of writing. I like his writing. I think the only reason I never read his works was that I have this thing about HAVING TO (no option) read a series in order. If I can't find the beginning book or can't figure out which book starts the series, I won't read it. It took the republishing of Colour of Magic for me to be able to start the series, because up until then I couldn't figure out which book started the series.

I'd suggest reading them in order first. While many can be read in no particular order at all, some do somewhat continue the story from the previous. Others are completely unrelated or have other characters completely. They break down into almost subsets books 1,2, 19 and 22 (made up numbers) might deal mostly with Characters A and C, where as 4,6,12, 13 are about blah character group. I'm a big fan of the guard books and less a fan of the witches. Others have other favorites. That said, characters do pop up here and there and reading them in order allows you to get some inside jokes you would miss otherwise. Once you have read them in order once, skipping around is less an issue (outside of HAVING TO read a series on order :P )

And I am not poking fun at your HAVING TO, I have similar compulsions with other things.

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    *snerk*

BS does that. He also does that with TV shows. It drives him batty if I watch something out of order if it's something he's following. So, no Big Bang Theory for me without him around.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    *snerk*

BS does that. He also does that with TV shows. It drives him batty if I watch something out of order if it's something he's following. So, no Big Bang Theory for me without him around.
    I'm with him on that one. I can't even watch a show if it is a later season. I have to go back and watch the earlier seasons first.

I'm with him on that one. I can't even watch a show if it is a later season. I have to go back and watch the earlier seasons first.
    TV without an ongoing plotline (Family Guy, Robot Chicken, Mythbusters), I can watch out of order. If it has an ongoing plotline (Lost, Next Iron Chef, etc), then I hafta watch it in order. The order of plot thing is one of the things that I'm damn near OCD on. Even on my bookshelf, I try (TRY) to keep them in plot order.
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    TV without an ongoing plotline (Family Guy, Robot Chicken, Mythbusters), I can watch out of order. If it has an ongoing plotline (Lost, Next Iron Chef, etc), then I hafta watch it in order. The order of plot thing is one of the things that I'm damn near OCD on. Even on my bookshelf, I try (TRY) to keep them in plot order.
    I had to watch every Smallville episode in order and I was hooked in the 4th season. Thankfully there is such a thing as syndication and dvd's now.

PrimalCon New York

That makes sense, but I do not watch any of the shows you mentioned. Lets see...Game of Thrones, Big Bang, Modern Family and Castle...hmm, I think that is every show I watch. Oh, and I do enjoy Top Chef but only the actual Top Chef. Top Chef masters has turned into Top Chef Who the F*ck are These Guys?, and Top Chef I Make Cupcakes or whatever the baking one was called was rather not great.