Page 129 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229629 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 129

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    So we've stepped up security procedures lately with all that is going on in the world and have been getting some push back from the guard force. I've spent about 4 hours a day observing operations the last few days and pointed out several deficiences to the shift supervisors/sergeants. I also gave a plan of action for correcting the issues, performing all necessary duties, and the like. Well, one of them wanted to get up in my face and talk about how I didn't know what it is like out on the line and I had been a supervisor too long and it was an undue burden blah blah. Really, doing your job is a burden? WTF.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    So we've stepped up security procedures lately with all that is going on in the world and have been getting some push back from the guard force. I've spent about 4 hours a day observing operations the last few days and pointed out several deficiences to the shift supervisors/sergeants. I also gave a plan of action for correcting the issues, performing all necessary duties, and the like. Well, one of them wanted to get up in my face and talk about how I didn't know what it is like out on the line and I had been a supervisor too long and it was an undue burden blah blah. Really, doing your job is a burden? WTF.
    Let me guess: You had the audacity to suggest they, y'know, work?
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    Let me guess: You had the audacity to suggest they, y'know, work?
    I know, wtf was I thinking?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I had a field guy try to pull that on me at the City. I responded with "[fieldguy], if you'll care to recall, I go out with you whenever possible on my projects because I know you don't have a rodman and I want it done RIGHT. If your job is too much for too little pay, I KNOW you are wanted by companies throughout the area, so you can go there and at least be paid what your worth. You're full of shit. Have another excuse?"
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Work?? What's that?
    Georgette

I think it pretty much boiled down to me saying, "I'm not getting into a pissing contest with you about it. Get it done. If you can't do your job without your vagina hurting the perhaps you should look for work somewhere else. Oh, and I am not going to apologize for getting promoted. Fix your attitude and perhaps one day you can get promoted too."

As you can see I am a paragon of professionalism. le sigh. I don't think I would do well in the 'real' world.

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Work?? What's that?
    The place where I pretend to do a job and they pretend to pay me. It's like Make Believe for grown ups!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    The place where I pretend to do a job and they pretend to pay me. It's like Make Believe for grown ups!
    only with less unicorns.

I think it pretty much boiled down to me saying, "I'm not getting into a pissing contest with you about it. Get it done. If you can't do your job without your vagina hurting the perhaps you should look for work somewhere else. Oh, and I am not going to apologize for getting promoted. Fix your attitude and perhaps one day you can get promoted too."

As you can see I am a paragon of professionalism. le sigh. I don't think I would do well in the 'real' world.
    Heh. You'd do well working in this office. Slackers don't last long and stiff/ stuffy people just don't even get hired.
    My Primal Battle Tome

only with less unicorns.
    "That's where I saw the leprechaun. He tells me to burn things."
    My Primal Battle Tome