Page 12 of 1099 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422621125121012 ... LastLast

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 12

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    She was looking for prince charming and to be a mama.
    Sounds like my exSIL, though for her it was a desire to get married. No one wants to marry me? Oh, lets get knocked up then he will have to! Funny how that didn't work out, well, it would be funny if my nephew was not getting screwed over in the process.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Sounds like my exSIL, though for her it was a desire to get married. No one wants to marry me? Oh, lets get knocked up then he will have to! Funny how that didn't work out, well, it would be funny if my nephew was not getting screwed over in the process.
    Henceforth, this is why some people need taken out of the gene pool.
    Georgette

Naiad that video rocked. Starbuck cameo, Han shooting first, Riley from The Guild, and 'Hyjal's what we're raiding in' - yeah, totally my WoW server. Hmm...okay, I am a bigger geek than I thought lol
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Thought you'd like it.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

This could be a bit of nerdgasm but my husband and I belong to an offroad group called Empire Offroad. All the guys have Jeeps and we are working on making a 1991 Comanche road worthy, then we will work on getting it offroad worthy.
    Georgette

I grew up (well, most of what I remember is) with a 1995 Jeep Cherokee. That critter did EVERYTHING. Still does, aside from not having an air conditioner anymore (needs the now illegal freon type). My father needs to have the tranny replaced, but that Jeep has outlasted 4 or 5 of my mother's little cars (kia, suzuki, chrysler...) and is still going strong. Granted, the cherry red is fading suspiciously closer to pink, and you can't use one of the back doors because a friend broke the weld, and you have to really slam the hatch to get it to close right, but it still runs (almost) perfectly well. I learned to drive (well, learned that I need a smaller vehicle to drive comfortably) in the Jeep, including rolling halfway through a stoplight in Tahoka, TX because I couldn't get the clutch and the brake to work together.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    This could be a bit of nerdgasm but my husband and I belong to an offroad group called Empire Offroad. All the guys have Jeeps and we are working on making a 1991 Comanche road worthy, then we will work on getting it offroad worthy.

Sadly, all I know about cars is where the gas goes in (okay, I can change oil and such) but as for making it road-worthy...um...yeah, I wouldn't know where to begin. So you are up under the Jeep working on it too? I have to admit that is pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I learned to drive (well, learned that I need a smaller vehicle to drive comfortably) in the Jeep, including rolling halfway through a stoplight in Tahoka, TX because I couldn't get the clutch and the brake to work together.
    Been there done that. I am the only one in my family that does not drive a stick because well for a few reasons...

1) I am not coordinated enough to use both feet at once
    2) Forget to press the clutch because...well, because why the f*ck is it even there?!
    3) Am just a prick in general. I mean, really, why should I do extra work when machines will do it for me? Hmm...I'm not down by the river beating my laundry on rocks, we have a machine for that. We've got one that changes gears too - use it.

Needless to say my family thinks I am rather strange. And politics....haaa...

I can drive stick, I just prefer not to. If I ever get a NICE little beastie (say an Aston Martin or a Ferrari) I will get it stick, just because it's a shame to have automatic in such a wonderful car. On his Rav4 and my Corolla (we're a Toyota/ Mazda family, he got the RAv4 when his Mazda 626 died) both are automatic.
    I prefer not to drive stick just because I'm klutzy enough on my own, I don't need help. More bells and whistles= more chances for me to get in the way of myself.
    My Primal Battle Tome

I can't drive a stick to save my life. Honestly, if I have to think too much on the road, forget it. Having to remember to do God knows what with a clutch is maddening. The manche or MJ as it is also known is an automatic and is being built so I can offroad it. I have helped my husband work on cars at 7 months pregnant. I started learning how to use power tools when I was 8 from my mom. When I was in college, I was the only person that didn't need to take the beginners course on how to use power tools for the set dept in the Theater. The only thing that I needed to be trained on was how to use an air compressor and a pneumatic nail gun. I've even welded before. I'm much better at painting than anything though. I also learned how to paint walls, refurbish furniture and staining wood when I was 8.
    Georgette