Page 1039 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 395399399891029103710381039104010411049 ... LastLast
Results 10,381 to 10,390 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 1039

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Shop Now
    I have to admit, there is a weird visual appeal to seeing (some) people smoking cigarettes. I blame it on a lot of silverscreen movies with coffee is cups w/ saucers & a cigarette on the side. I am still not sure why those are the movies I grew up with.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I second the e-cigs, if she has any issues with the chantex. She needs to keep trying different strengths and flavors.

For me, what actually finally worked was twofold. 1.. I didn't quit, I stopped I plan to start again on my 90th birthday (I will probably go ecig then though). 2.. I literally changed my entire life. I met my honey and the people I hung with and the places we went there was no smoking.

I can actually now have an occasional one and be done with it, but do enjoy the ecig more.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Bummer about editing for a diagnosis for the eye!!

My dad took chantix and my step mom said they almost divorced.Lol He did quit though..then started back up (addictive personality), my step mom quit with the gum.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Do you know what strength liquid she was using? I had to bump to 36mg because of how much I smoked to get the appropriate nicotine. Also, inhaling properly really helps. I draw until it cuts off, inhale to lungs, hold in the remainder then slow release and do a French inhale to nostrils and blow the rest back out through there. Not as complicated as it sounds.
    I think she was on 18 or 24 not as high as the 36 you were on. Perhaps that was the issue. I'll mention it to her in case the Chantix doesn't work.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    My dad took chantix and my step mom said they almost divorced.
    Yeah, I would like to skip the divorce part
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    For me, what actually finally worked was twofold. 1.. I didn't quit, I stopped I plan to start again on my 90th birthday (I will probably go ecig then though). 2.. I literally changed my entire life. I met my honey and the people I hung with and the places we went there was no smoking.
    Well, much like Karin's post I'm looking to avoid a complete change as I would like to keep her around Also, everywhere is no smoking now so that is not so much the issue. I do have this great visual of you smoking as a 90 year old though.

Honey and I and even our best friends have all said the same thing, starting on our 90th birthdays we start smoking again. It works well since we plan to build a commune on the beach somewhere.

Actually, things she can change would be the triggers that set her to get a smoke. I stopped smoking in all the convenient places...the car, in the house, at school, etc, and just had one spot on an outside back porch at my condo where I could smoke. I also handed my pack to a friend, so I had to ask for a smoke if I wanted one. Then he would bring it to school, but since I only smoked on that porch at home, I would not smoke it until I got home, or I would save it for the next morning. I actually think the hardest part for me was not the nicotine so much as the habit of taking a break and deep breathing. So maybe if she had a podcast meditation that takes her through a deep breathing exercise that she could do when she feels like a smoke it could help?

Hmmm...good ideas. I will show them to K Thanks.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Good stuff, Chris.

Yeah, wish I could get them to work with my food issues! I will say I tried to quit most days almost from the time I started. I smoked from 8th grade until I was 30 years old.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day