Page 1007 of 1101 FirstFirst ... 75079079579971005100610071008100910171057 ... LastLast
Results 10,061 to 10,070 of 11008

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 1007

  1. #10061
    canio6's Avatar
    canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    S. Arizona
    Posts
    11,741
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Holy snikes that is amazing.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

    What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

  2. #10062
    jenn26point2's Avatar
    jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    7,783
    What I don't get now is the girls shaving half their heads... I don't get it.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)




  3. #10063
    tomi's Avatar
    tomi is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    6,597
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    We used to have this woman, Gladys, and her friend (Evelyn I think) who would come in and evangelize. No hair cut, just walk in with this other woman and stand in our reception area spouting quotes from the bible and telling us we were all damned. Once she came without her friend and threw herself and lay prone on the floor in the middle of the salon shouting in tongues. !
    And this is why so many people think Bible believing Christians are a bunch of whack-jobs! There are weirdo's out there that are down right embarrassing. Sorta like that "odd" side of the family that no one really wants to invite for the holidays. We're not ALL whack-a-doodles.

    But it is sorta cool that you knew Marilyn Monroe's mom!!! Guess the apple doesn't fall from the tree - both were whacky, but in different ways.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

    I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

    Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

  4. #10064
    demuralist's Avatar
    demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    9,515
    yep, the book actually does point out that Marilyn was schizo. When I worked downtown, most of the whack-a-doodles were bible bangers (literally), walking up and down the streets yelling their version of religion at the top of their lungs. We had one that dressed in all white but never bathed or washed his clothes. It was wilds.

    @jenn, I think it is shock value, curiosity, rebellion, challenging societies version of beauty, etc.

  5. #10065
    canio6's Avatar
    canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    S. Arizona
    Posts
    11,741
    So all you runner types...is there a plus/negative to running outside to running on the treadmill? I mean besides that I can look at the scenery - of which there is none at a track. The reason I ask is because yesterday was cold (okay, not midwest cold but AZ cold) so I ran on the treadmill. It seemed much easier than running outside. Now perhaps I could have upped the speed but it seemed to me I was taking relatively the same stride/speed etc. So thoughts?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

    What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

  6. #10066
    Goldie's Avatar
    Goldie is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Northern Utah
    Posts
    1,501
    Running on a treadmill is easier because you already have the momentum of the belt under you, and you're not running "into the wind" so to speak.

    I was told that you need to raise the incline of the treadmill to at least 2% to make the effort more like running outside.

    I find the treadmill very boring, even with music or something to watch on TV. I'd much rather suit up and go outside. Yoga pants, t-shirt, hoodie, and lightweight windbreaker works great to keep me warm from about 35F. If it's colder than that, I add a hat. If it's below 15F, I put on a pair of track pants over the yoga pants.

    When I was about to head out one day when it was below freezing, a coworker jokingly told me that I looked like a thrift shop yard sale--none of my layers matched. I told him, "It's a run, not a fashion show!"

  7. #10067
    canio6's Avatar
    canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    S. Arizona
    Posts
    11,741
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    I told him, "It's a run, not a fashion show!"
    Oh, so I shouldn't run in heels and the latest couture fashion? Color me disappointed.

    I get your point on the wind and the boredom. That said, I am on Couch-to-5k week two, which is only 20 minutes of running. It's not really time enough to get bored. By the time I get to the longer runs it will be warm outside so that is where I will run (and not only at the track). If I am back inside again I will try upping the incline. Thanks!
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

    What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

  8. #10068
    Goldie's Avatar
    Goldie is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Northern Utah
    Posts
    1,501
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Oh, so I shouldn't run in heels and the latest couture fashion? Color me disappointed.
    Hey, there's a thread here somewhere showing a woman in a tight dress and heels, *attempting* to deadlift. I don't even own any high heels!

  9. #10069
    canio6's Avatar
    canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    S. Arizona
    Posts
    11,741
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Hey, there's a thread here somewhere showing a woman in a tight dress and heels, *attempting* to deadlift. I don't even own any high heels!
    Yeah, I saw that. I wonder if she broke her ankle at the end.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

    What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

  10. #10070
    Goldie's Avatar
    Goldie is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Northern Utah
    Posts
    1,501
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Yeah, I saw that. I wonder if she broke her ankle at the end.
    She deserved to. I deadlift in Chuck Taylor's! (Sometimes the red ones, sometimes the plaid ones. Who sez weightlifting ain't fashionable?)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •