Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Journey to Cheeta-girl page

Chasintrail is offline Senior Member

Journey to Cheeta-girl

OK, this is it. I have got to quit fucking around and get serious. I weigh more this morning than I have since 2003, I'm running out of jeans to wear, and I'm flat out disgusted with myself. Why the hell did I let this happen? It's not like I don't know how to eat, hell I'm an expert on this crap! I've gotten extremely lazy about cooking for some reason and just can't get out of the order-out rut. Stupid, I'm the one that bitches about people who bitch about not having time to cook! Hypocrite much Tamara? Get your ass in gear and get on with it. Here's what I expect from myself:

1. No more crap food. If you're good you can have sushi when you get back from FL.
    2. Move, get off the fucking couch, quit spending the entire evening on the computer. Go for a walk, hit the trails, work up to running them again. Remember mud and snake runs? Fun stuff. TV rots your brain, quit it.
    3. Go buy a heavy bag this weekend, use it! Great stress reliever, remember?
    4. Be ready for Crossfit by Memorial Day, cause guess what girlfriend? That's your b-day present this year.

I love you, now quit being a fuck up.
    Me

PS - to anyone reading, yeah I talk to myself a lot...

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Tell us how you really feel Tamara. Seriously, you go!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Paleobird Guest
    I like your attitude. I think you will do just fine.

I decided I'd treat this as a real journal. So yeah, it may get a bit blue at times.

Did good yesterday. Huge salad for lunch and yogurt for snack. No "formal" exercise, but lots of moving stuff around and carrying a rug upstairs (yeah, it's a sorry excuse, but it's beats setting on the couch ALL evening).

I am so going to get a bag as soon as I can, there are days I'd love to come home and beat the hell out of something. If it stays warm I can use Mark's, just need some gloves, raw nuckles are not that much fun...

Probably do salad again for lunch and a steak for dinner. I'm vacilating on if I should eat more or continue to follow my hunger. If I follow my hunger, I only eat one meal and a snack most days. Maybe I ought to fitday it and see how much I'm really eating, I have a feeling that I'm getting more than I think doing this. I really feel that I should continue just listening to my body...

OK, that's the food plan. I'll be moving another rug into the house tonight (10 stairs up). Time to commit to myself to go walk about in the park and enjoy the weather. So, I may be back later cussing at lazy me

Yeeee hoo. 5 lbs down in 2 days. Love it. Yeah, it's water, but it's nice to see. Keep up the good work on teh eating, but really girl, get off your ass. Moving furniture around is not a workout.

OK, weekend is over. Really need to work on that get off my ass thing...

I did indulge in sushi on Sat, but was good the rest of the weekend. Haven't checked the scale, but my jeans felt a bit looser this morning. Now if I can just make it through the upcoming trip to FL...

Ahhhh, new Av. That's better.

Tired as hell today. I hate Tuesdays, why is that always the day of the week I have the worst time with? Oh well. Hopefully I'll sleep tonight. Other than tired I'm feeling good. Been good on the food, probably ate too much last night, but I'm addicted to chicken thighs. They're almost as easy to chow on as bacon ;> Staying off the scale until I get back from FL.

Here's the rules:
    1. Eat real food
    2. No grain, legumes, sugar, minimal fruit and diary
    3. Get off your ass
    4. Eat when you're hungry and stop when you're not (on that note, stop cooking chicken bits and bacon!)

Sanas is offline Senior Member
    I love that you said "I love you" to yourself at the end of your first post. I was concerned.

Sanas is offline Senior Member
    Plus also I love the title of your journal.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    OK, I'm back.

Can't say I've been great, but I could have been worse.

Got the trip from hell to move the old man out of the way. Other than a planned indulgence on a grouper burger in FL I did the best I could on the road. Of course it fell apart once I got home again. I really have to stay away from Starbucks. That mocha addiction is killing me ;>

So, Mark's brining the bag for me this week. I can go home a beat the hell out of stuff then! Some days it really won't feel like a workout. LOL It's a start. The weather is finally getting spring like. Think I'll stop on the way home a get my park pass for the year. FT Ben is on the way home, I can start out walking and build back up to hill sprints. Uggg, bet none of my shorts fit anymore. Have to hit the DAV and see if I can find something...

Food, that's still the problem. I cannot get myself back into cooking mode. Even frying up eggs for a salad seems like too much work. Maybe if I start getting more exercise I'll get move motivated in everything else.

Maybe I just need to work at one thing at a time. This time how about working on exercise first instead of food first. Can't hurt. As long as I stick to mostly real food. No fastfood, no pizza, no mochas... Worth a try.

So, bag on the way, get a park pass and start keeping running shoes in the car... That's the plan for the week. Let's see how things go....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast