Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossfit Strength Bias page

FergalJennings is offline Senior Member

Crossfit Strength Bias

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Anyone tried it?
    I've been giving it a go..After being sick I wanted to try something that had a mix of what I like..and this seemed to work.

Its pretty much a strength element such as 3X5 or 3X3 followed by a high rep set...15-20 reps..then a crossfit metcon that lasts no more than 10 mins or 15 mins...and gives you a day for a 20 min met con..

Though when I say metcon it can be pure conditioning...prowler sled push/pulls..tire flips..sledge strikes..etc..

I allow bodyweight stuff and play in the afternoon...

Old Dog is offline Junior Member
    I tried CFSB while deployed to Afghanistan. I found it hard to program the METCONs for myself because I would not program my weaknesses. I switched to Crossfit Football which has all of the elements you are looking for. They have a strength portion you do everyday and a heavy METCON. Now that I have redeployed I have gone back to Military Athlete that Rob Shaul runs. Your best bet would be CFFB.

electrik87 is offline Junior Member
    I haven't tried it myself, but I have read over it and decide not to go with it because of the same reasons old dog mentioned. If its left up to me to program anything I tend to leave out my weaknesses.

NeoBerserker is offline Senior Member
    I just started doing the WOD's as Rx'd, BUT instead of scailing the reps, rounds, time and weight now i just scale the reps and rounds and not the weight, i just rest more so i can actually lift them. I can't do most of the WOD's as Rx'd, i'll probably die. I read that to build strength faster do the WOD's like this. Just started doing this and i hope it works.

If anyone has any input on this please let me know too. I'm trying to build up more strength to do the WOD's as Rx'd.

To be fully honest i'm strict on my WODS...Ive been doing crossfit on my on at home while getting to a box in the city 1-2 times a week to break things up....

I always add things that Im weak at into my wods untill I can do them better..Alot of body weight stuff was a problem with me a few months back..but i'm finding it more easy to cope with now...Though Handstands and snatches kill me!

Neo- I read somewere that short heavy METCONs are good for that kinda thing...Google it and you'll get some crazy insane WODS that are heavy...and should last no more than 10-15 mins.....

If you need any WOD's let me know...I have a book I made up...even better tell me what you suck at and i'll give you WODS that have it in them!

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    Fergal - I've been doing crossfit strength bias - (as programmed by me AND my box); it involves doing metcons generally no more than 3 times a week though heavy WODS (like McGhee, Elizabeth this week for example) I will do when they pop up as my Box's WOD with no limitation. The rest of the time I am doing starting strength/weighted pullups/Misc Olys/weight vest work; If I do a metcon in the morning then I will be in the gym that night lifting. I could give a crap on my box jumping speed tbh - just trying to gain strength and body comp.

You can see what I do each day and what I eat in my journal ; I've been happy with the strength I am gaining with no fat addition while mostly retaining my met con ability.
    ad astra per aspera

Quote Originally Posted by TheFastCat View Post
    Fergal - I've been doing crossfit strength bias - (as programmed by me AND my box); it involves doing metcons generally no more than 3 times a week though heavy WODS (like McGhee, Elizabeth this week for example) I will do when they pop up as my Box's WOD with no limitation. The rest of the time I am doing starting strength/weighted pullups/Misc Olys/weight vest work; If I do a metcon in the morning then I will be in the gym that night lifting. I could give a crap on my box jumping speed tbh - just trying to gain strength and body comp.

You can see what I do each day and what I eat in my journal ; I've been happy with the strength I am gaining with no fat addition while mostly retaining my met con ability.
    Do you program your own stuff?

After being sick im kinda lost and dont know what to really follow!

Just wanna get big and strong haha

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    I'm glad you posted this, because I am actually going to be starting this program as my recovery from ACL reconstruction. I've been trying to figure out what I'm going to do for rehab to get me back into tip-top shape again (I know i'm going to suck at crossfit for awhile arrgghh) and I decided to go with his program. My coach is willing to help me program it so I am excited about giving this a real try.

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Does anyone have the article or breakdown for this program?

I do not currently have an active subscription to the crossfit journal and I'd rather not purchase one at the moment. I am excited to start this program for my knee recovery once my PT clears it, but I cant' find the damn break down.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivvin View Post
    Does anyone have the article or breakdown for this program?
    I've got the article, happy to send you the pdf.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast