Thread: I just bought a pair of Merrell Trail Gloves page

Karma is offline Senior Member

I just bought a pair of Merrell Trail Gloves

Primal Fuel
    And they fit like.....wait for it.......A GLOVE !!!

Super fit, nice and snug in the mid-foot with room for my toes to splay out naturally in the toe box.

I had to size down a half size when I got them. Normally I'm an 8, and I bought the 7.5

Incredibly comfortable without socks. My VFF KSO's always give me a hot spot on my heel after a few hours of wearing them.

Gonna go slow and work my way into them so I don't do something stupid and get injured.

Was just so excited I had to tell someone who would care, my wife seems rather unimpressed !!!
    Last edited by Karma; 02-16-2011 at 12:14 AM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Is this what you bought? Which one?
    http://www.merrell.com/US/en/Barefoot

Grizz

fishin-frog is offline Member
    I've done three short runs in my trail gloves and worn them to work and around town twice. I like them. VFFs don't fit me well. The trail glove sole is thicker than the VFF and has a bit of arch support, but there is zero heel lift. I also have the Terra Planna Vivo and the trail glove looks a LOT better, but the vivo sole is much thinner and has less arch support. I think Merrell put out a very good product. Looks more like a traditional shoe than many other "barefoot" models.

Andtckrtoo is offline Senior Member
    I love my Pure Gloves. I cannot wait to get out and take a long hike in them.

Grizz - according to the post the ones he got are: http://www.merrell.com/US/en-US/Prod...ot-Trail-Glove

Fishin-Frog - In my post about the Pure Gloves, someone explained that it's not exactly arch support - more that they are designed to stay secure and wrap snugly around your foot. But I agree. I also have a pair of Vivo barefoot shoes - the Kali's which are like a ballet slipper. The Merrell's are much cuter. I will definitely be wearing these a lot. I'm thinking of getting another pair for town so I don't have to worry about getting them dirty on hikes and trail runs. (Heck, I'd love to get a pair in every color)
    Last edited by Andtckrtoo; 02-16-2011 at 05:33 AM.
    Christine
    Wag more, bark less

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    And they fit like.....wait for it.......A GLOVE !!!

<snip>

Gonna go slow and work my way into them so I don't do something stupid and get injured.

Was just so excited I had to tell someone who would care, my wife seems rather unimpressed !!!
    Hey! I care....

I bought a black pair of the women's Pace Glove. I've had them for a week. I really like them and I can wear them to work on casual days. My ankles were a little sore after wearing them for a hour run/walk on the treadmill yesterday. I also bought a pair of the Pure Gloves, but they're taking forever to get to me. Ordered them on Sat. UPS tracking said they left the shipping facility on Sat, but didn't actually start being in transit until Tues. night. They're still in Illinois.....Oh well...at least shipping was free....

Abu Reena is offline Senior Member
    my trail gloves came in the mail. I sized them the same as my normal shoe (not my sneaker size) and they seem to fit well. Plenty of room in the toe box, very snug through the arch. I'll take 'em for a spin tonight.

Karma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Is this what you bought? Which one?
    http://www.merrell.com/US/en/Barefoot

Grizz
    Yes, That's them. I got the Trail Glove. (The first one that pops up when you scroll using the arrow) I chose the red/black ones over the yellow/black ones.