Thread: Eat this not that page

Andtckrtoo is offline Senior Member

Eat this not that

Shop Now
    I'd love to see a thread that lists different scenarios and given limited options, what the better choice would be.

For example

Bar Food:
    Skip : Nachos, Fried mozzarella

Eat: Chicken Wings, Beef Satay (hey, it's barfood in California)

On a long hike/bike ride/walk:
    Skip: Granola Bars, GU

Eat: Almonds, Hard Boiled Eggs

Just something to help at a glance when we're in a pickle (which I believe are good...) Anyone want to play?
    Last edited by Andtckrtoo; 02-15-2011 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Limited options for rows and columns
    Christine
    Wag more, bark less

Buttercup is offline Senior Member
    Please forgive me, but this reminds me of one of my favorite blogger's games called, and please excuse my French, "Sh*t vs. Diarrhea." Meaning, that when the situation is bad, which of the bad do you choose?

I like this though...trying to think...how about:

Italian Food—Skip: Bread, Pasta, Tiramisu
    Eat: Antipasto platter, Chicken Caesar Salad (no croutons!), Steak Florentine

Ooh! We need a backpacking one! Any ideas?

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    I love the basic concept of Eat This, Not That. Too bad the author's knowledge of nutrition is so badly CW. Very often we do the eat this, not that approach, e.g. when someone says their office is having lunch at a Chinese restaurant. Would be great to collect these.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    That post is excellent Griff. I have recommended it in MDA to people who want/need to go strict. But not the same as how to order at an Italian restaurant.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.