Thread: The Secret to Hacking Seasonal Allergies page

HowToDieYoung is offline Junior Member

The Secret to Hacking Seasonal Allergies

Shop Now
    I think my number one benefit to switching to Primal has to be the complete elimination of my allergies. When I was a kid I was always sick, I had multiple sinus surgeries, weekly shots, hive outbreaks (which I still have scars from). Every single winter I would have a terrible sinus infection that would last months. I was never NOT sniffling. I wonder what percent of people have noticed a significant reduction in allergies once they eliminated certain foods from their diet. My mine three were grain, dairy and alcohol. I have practically no allergies now. I love feeling great when everyone around me is coughing and complaining.

This blog post highlights my success. Check it out! Please let me know your success story!

ilikesubtitles is offline Senior Member
    Giving up dairy a couple years ago (pre-primal...I remember slathering tofu-walnut "cream cheese" on big slabs of artisan bread) did it for me. Now I can tolerate small amounts but I don't buy it for the house. I had horrific sinuses before then each summer, and now I don't deal with them at all!
    I don't own a scale and don't care to!

Balance is offline Senior Member
    Removing dairy and gluten pretty much put a stop to my allergies. I also had IBS issues that stopped after going paleo. Just like you I used to always get sinus infections, constantly sick and went so far as to get immuno-therapy shots for my allergies to no avail. The only thing that worked was going paleo and sleeping better.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

cavemanj is offline Senior Member
    My allergies are way better this season. Carpal tunnel syndrome is virtually gone. I think I could go the extra mile and eliminate alcohol, but I'm not there yet.

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    I've eliminated grain and almost all alcohol. Dairy is just too damned convenient, even though I know it screws with my sinuses.

Quote Originally Posted by cavemanj View Post
    My allergies are way better this season. Carpal tunnel syndrome is virtually gone. I think I could go the extra mile and eliminate alcohol, but I'm not there yet.
    That is really interesting about the carpal tunnel syndrome, I wonder what the causal link is? I have heard this before.

Give it up! Trust me.

cavemanj is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HowToDieYoung View Post
    That is really interesting about the carpal tunnel syndrome, I wonder what the causal link is? I have heard this before.
    As I understand it, carpal tunnel is caused by inflammation of the carpal tunnel nerve in the wrist. I think eliminating wheat and dairy caused inflammation to drop, which helped with my wrist. My thumb used to go numb when I drove for long periods of time and I would wake up with numb fingers. Doesn't happen anymore.