Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vegan Friend vs. Primal Me page

dam73609 is offline Junior Member

Vegan Friend vs. Primal Me

Shop Now
    So, tonight at dinner I was eating with a friend of mine and she asked if I am on a low carb diet. I had some steamed broccoli with some chicken breast, so I responded with no I am on a paleo diet. She asked what it was and I explained all I knew about it. She then told me it was wrong and that we are not meant to eat meat products, and that we cannot digest them properly. Also the animal slaughter farms are unhealthy and carry diseases ( I agreed, but on a college students budget I dont have much of a choice), to which I responded, "What about all of those pesticides and preservatives on your apple to keep it going rotten?" 1-0 Me!! haha Anyway we just kind of agreed to disagree... Anyone want to educate me a little more so I am more prepared in case an argument like that arises again?

By the way she is Vegan.

jspradley is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dam73609 View Post
    She then told me it was wrong and that we are not meant to eat meat products, and that we cannot digest them properly.
    At that point I would have cried and slammed my face into the table...

Or offered to compare poops later on.

peril is offline Senior Member
    The can't digest meat properly argument is pure bullshit. Ask them to find non-vegan references. Also tell them that you shit a lot less on primal so must be digesting what you're eating.

BTW, steamed broccoli and chicken breast? Yuck. Where's the fat?
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

I ate the skin. Not good?

Dmifsud is offline Junior Member
    I recommend you both read the book Primal Body - Primal Mind, and then have dinner again!

Alan M is offline Senior Member
    Interesting. So our guts aren't designed to digest meat?

http://www.gnolls.org/1444/does-meat...nd-vegetables/

Some raw truth:
    http://donmatesz.blogspot.com/2011/0...gan-diets.html

Those are two awesome articles everyone should read.

Vozz is offline Senior Member
    don't argue with vegans, you can't win. educate if they seeks information once their skin falls off.
    here is a cool link with some good info on the whole "we don't digest meat" bullshit.

http://www.gnolls.org/1444/does-meat...nd-vegetables/

she probably also thinks cows are suppose to eat grain and we could feed the whole world if we didnt feed so many cows.
    No, cows are meant to eat grass!!! *cave-growl*

iv decided i cant date vegans or vegetarians.
    Last edited by Vozz; 02-15-2011 at 06:19 PM.
    We need to have a global discussion about the epidemic of donut murder

Starting Weight: 238 lb
    Current Weight: 224 lb
    Goal: 190-200 lb
    Height: 6'-0"

nachobrawler is offline Senior Member
    Its funny to me that the entire argument from the Vegan point of view is that we cannot digest meat properly.And in fact the truth is exactly the opposite!

Tell the Vegan...we couldnt have this wonderfully huge brain that we ALL posess (although some of us use it more than others...Vegan!) without our bodies adapting to the digestion of meat. Lets look at the apes to compare. Our huge brain requires a ton of energy. And since we are approximately the same size and shape as Chimps and Orangutans(or any other ape you like) one would expect to see very similar body sizes. However, our brain IS HUGE in comparison to the apes brains. And you know what else? Apes stomachs our enormous compared to ours. They are distended and such because they are primarily vegetarians and require a lot of stomach and a lot of time...as well as energy...to digest their food.
    Our stomachs are flat and small in comparison. And we have a huge brain that requires a lot of energy to operate. Now, put 2+2 together and get 4. How did we as a species enable the HUGE brain that we evolved that requires a ton of energy to operate? We enabled a way to cut energy use somewhere else in our systems to allow for our brains use (we only have so much energy available for the entire system). Where was that? OUR DIGESTION SYSTEM. What was that adaptation that allowed our digestive system to become smaller (i.e. not like a vegetarian apes)? WE BEGAN EATING MEAT. Meat is loaded with EVERYTHING our bodies needed to survive, adapt and thrive. The rest is history. And it has been studied and documented. Look it up online.....

Wow, if only I knew that 3 hours ago haha she would have eaten my chicken!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast