Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: VFF - Komodo Sport page

Nick "the Caveman" M. is offline Senior Member

VFF - Komodo Sport

Shop Now
    Anyone have them?
    http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/pro...Sport-Mens.htm
    If so, what's your opinion? I currently lift and sprint in my sprints, but am thinking of getting an additional pair. Steep price at an even $100...but that's generally the budget I have for "sneakers" to train in.

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    I will stick with my Sprints for lifting and Crossfit: $80, and less material on the top (cool tan lines and vitamin D!) and sole.
    ad astra per aspera

Hil
    Hil is offline Member
    I have them! they're my first VFFs though and I'm still getting used to them. I have to say, they were the most comfortable of the ones i tried, i tried java, KSO.

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    The Komodo's look like they have the same sole and structure as the bikila and sprint which I have tried on when I was shopping for my KSO's.

They definitely feel more structured and supportive around the heel cup and a thicker sole. Whether that's what you want/need is obviously up to you

I personally chose the KSO as it was lighter, thinner sole and just felt more like being barefoot or wearing socks than the others did. Although the speed's looked cooler and are a little less obvious I guess as they look more like regular sneakers. Kinda VFF by stealth
    But as they were $50 more expensive and didn't feel the same I gave them a miss at that time, but might splash on a pair for my backup VFF's at somepoint.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    i was thinking for the winter months, they might be a good choice. it's cold/wet here, and i think my classics would not be great for the amount of rain.

and, i should say, ti's "cool/wet" with emphasis on wet. it gets down to about 45 degrees F on the coldest days, and we might get frost overnight, and up on the ridge, there might be some snow flurries now and again. but that's it.

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    I just tried on Komodos vs. KSO vs. Bikila vs. Sprint vs. Jaya and Komodos were the most comfortable for me. REI only had the bright ble for women, so I'm going to check out other retailers for a less showy color.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    DH just ordered the komodos (yellow) for his running.

his sprints are great, but not when the sidewalks are wet. in winter here, that's about 85% of the time! so, he went with the komodos to provide more traction on those days that he runs.

we ordered scuba boots for rainy days.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    My partner has been wearing his for a couple of weeks to Crossfit and for a bit of running--it's his first pair of VFFs. So far, he's really liking them.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

danandvicky is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick "the Caveman" M. View Post
    Anyone have them?
    Vibram FiveFingers - KOMODOSPORT
    If so, what's your opinion? I currently lift and sprint in my sprints, but am thinking of getting an additional pair. Steep price at an even $100...but that's generally the budget I have for "sneakers" to train in.
    Wish i could get em for 100 dollars. Here in the uk they are gonna be 135 pounds (200 dollars to you) thats when they arrive (6 months after you have had them). Wish you guys didnt get everything before us and at a much cheaper rate....and you all seem to have nice teeth haha

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFastCat View Post
    I will stick with my Sprints for lifting and Crossfit: $80, and less material on the top (cool tan lines and vitamin D!) and sole.
    LOL, I totally have some sweet Sprint tanlines!
    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast