Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Yabba Dabba Do It! (Alison's Primal Journal) page

Alison is offline Member

Just Yabba Dabba Do It! (Alison's Primal Journal)

Shop Now
    So I have dabbled in enough of these journals to realize that it is probably beneficial to write one...and maybe when I am successful it is my hope that someone looking at mine will find encouragement and fight...and say to themselves "hey! I can do this, she makes it seem easy=)"

Batty aka (Hands off my bacon journal for those of you who don't know) seems to have the right mindset for us women. If you haven't read it -do so now. In my journey through constantly trying to be the weight the chart at the doctors office specifies for me, I have finally found one thing out! (cue light-bulb) It is ultimately how I feel...I know I know....duh! However, you know this too...but how many of you actually feel this way? How many of us have put away the scale and the calorie counts and the "skinny jeans" and quit trying to look like the 6'0 110lb model mannequin image we see everyday. I am still trying to do this myself...I urge everyone who reads this...lets do this together (especially women, sorry men I canT relate=))

Lets KicK ouR SUgAR Habit in the ass!! I am ready...I want to do this...and I want you guys to hold me accountable. Help me when Im down, Encourage me when Im up, and Scold me for my wrong. You can't hurt my feelings. I will do the same for you. That being said I will do my best to journal my foods and thoughts everyday.

EAT, drink and be merry my primitive pals....
    ~alison

Alison is offline Member
    Day 2 - Yesterday was all well and good! Had 40 min. of low intensity cardio which consisted of light jog and walk. My food intake went as follows

B- handful of macadamia nuts with leftover porkchop

L- Salmon with a vegetable medley I made up-(butternut squash, green onions, cabbage, and mushrooms) not my fav but the bacon grease made it!

S- same thing I had for my lunch

D Salmon with green beans and bacon, few more nuts and then I really wasn't hungry but I just received my Primal Whey Shake Mix so I had to try it with a smidge of unsw. almond milk- it was good=)

Todays plan of action-who cares, just good primal choices! However feeling a little tired from all the running I have been doing lately so I may take today off-well just a walk i suppose, anything to get outside=) Ps I love to run- it will be hard for me to quit- plus it has been a beautiful week here in Arkansas! until next time....

Alison is offline Member
    Que pasa? The rest of my day was pretty awesome! I had good energy throughout the day, so much that I thought I was going to have to run circles in the parking lot on my lunch-break=) however seeing a bank teller striding along in heels in the cement sea might've had some of my customers scratchin their heads....then again maybe not.

Foodie Foodie time!

uh...lets see had a huge 3 egg omelet with mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, bell peppers, and avocado.
    3 pork-chops with salad and boiled egg avocado
    bag of cashews
    taco salad with black olives, sprinkle of sharp cheddar, salsa, tomatoes.
    3 squares of dark chocolate

I could have done sooo much better not eating the nuts or chocolate but coming off the Vday snacking, my system still kinda craves that sugar. Even though I wasn't too entirely bad on Monday, just a few pieces of Milk chocolate which was not worth it btw...too much sweet and not enough "taste" Dark Chocolate is where its at....the heavy stuff...at least 86% or higher...anywhos enough ranting and chanting for a Wednesday...

I love this journaling thing....even though no one may read it, just allowing thousands of ppl to "maybe look at it" is pretty exciting! I am easily excited though

btw if you didn't listen to Billy Squiers song "The Stroke" today -put it on your "to do list" tomorrow...see if it doesn't make you want to jump in a 79 trans am with "t" tops and just ride.....oh yeah don't forget your flannel and aviators=)

Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to the boards
    My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

Alison is offline Member
    Thanks Adventure! I think I love this site soo much that it could actually deter me from "playing" some time...there is just tooo much to read=) tell me its not too addicting...

Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member
    It certainly makes for a great diversion, and as a plus you will get some great advice for your health
    My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

BecomeYourDream is offline Senior Member
    I like your journal already! I just finished up day three of my thirty day challenge and its going well! Good luck, I will be following you!

batty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    btw if you didn't listen to Billy Squiers song "The Stroke" today -put it on your "to do list" tomorrow...see if it doesn't make you want to jump in a 79 trans am with "t" tops and just ride.....oh yeah don't forget your flannel and aviators=)
    heh heh. nice. hello and welcome!

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Alison is offline Member
    oh me oh my oh! Mrs. Menstration came to town on an unexpected visit-well a week early! But thats ok, she has to some time....kinda like an audit, thats how i feel about my periods-hate'em. anywhos, other than labor-pain like cramps I had a wonderful day...woke up feeling refreshed and ready to face the day. I just love how much sleep I get when I eat this way....I don't think anything besides a swift kick in the ribs could wake me=) Food intake was good....i started out with scrambled eggs and pan-seared salmon for the big B, and leftover taco salad from last night for some "lunch lovin"- some almonds- boiled egg- and then for dinner was ....wait for it...botta boom botta bing- good ole sirloin cooked in butter and evoo.....man was that freakin awesome! I always overcook my steaks, but not tonight! FIRST TIME EVER....fiance let me know how good it was. SCore=}

Didn't get a chance to workout today- when I arrived home from work still had those damn cramps and I knew I had a city council meeting tonight. That being said, I hate to take more than one shower a day and seeing as how I didnt want to show up smellin like grok at the meeting I just skipped exercise today....but hey! I have a three year old so that has to count for some daily activity...yeah?

Looking forward to tomorrow. Who doesn't love Friday's?!!? Well..as long as they are accompanied with non-working Saturdays that are gorgeous. =)
    Song for the day- Journey Lovin Touchin Squeezin....my 3 year old can sing this...and yes its ok to be impressed... he gets it from his Gromma- (my word for GROK MOMMA)

Anyway I think I am going to get off and post up with a good book. Hope everyone achieved their goals today!
    signing off....
    a

Paleobird Guest
    Hey Alison,
    I like your attitude and enthusiasm. I'm sure you will achieve all that you set out to.

Welcome,

Robin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast