Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just Yabba Dabba Do It! (Alison's Primal Journal) page 2

BecomeYourDream is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Oh man I get the worst cramps too!! Maybe eating primally will help? One can only hope!!
    MY "GET AWESOMELY FIT AND HEALTHY" JOURNAL!

"Become Your Dream" - De La Vega

"“The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.” - Muhammad Ali

Alison is offline Member
    I'm back=) Didn't get a chance to post anything yesterday as I have 10 hour days on Fridays. Coming off that and trying to work out and feed the fam didn't leave me much time to journal....oh yeah one more important thing!...I just got Taubes' books in the mail so i most def wanted to snag those reads last night..i am very anxious to dive into those=) on to yesterday though....felt pretty good throughout the day though I am trying to cut out all sugar-(fruit, nuts, dairy) mainly insulin spikers....let me tell ya...that was hard. I didnt realize that my body was still so ultra dependent on those "carbs"

But feeling better today Had an omelet this morning with a pork chop and then a couple of pork chops this afternoon...I also had a nice long run along with some ab excercises - probably done with most everything except for cleaning ze house and taking care of Rocky (my young'un). I am also thinking of practicing law #6....I rarely indulge in such...but today just might have to be an exception.

take care ya'll
    a
    song for the day - Godsmack - "Shinedown" such an energy booster for the cardio monkeys out there!

Alison is offline Member
    Okay! So I had a wonderful day yesterday..Went grocery shopping at WF to get a few of the things that I couldn't locally like coconut oil etc (i live in a super small town) a fellow paleo eater found me- and we chatted for an uncomfortably long time about food and supplements- nice but I was alone and after the third time "he randomly bumped into me" including my checkout line...i started to recall my super ninja skills in case i had to use them-luckily he recognized=)ps he was OLD. lol anyway- my son (3) went for a run with me yesterday. It was probably the most warming feeling to have him running/walking beside me. I couldn't help but feel that I would be responsible one day when he finally gets old enough to excercise on his own. He said "that we were explorers"...I was "Alicia and he was Diego" (nick jr. show for those of you not up to date with kid stuff) It was fun! Not to mention the real workout I got when he got tired and I carried him up the big hills that we live on=) Then I felt like Groquette toting her young'uns, not for exercise, but for survival. Lets just say that she was a BAD ASS...

My food intake was good. I had alot yesterday. However, I not trying to lose anything so I am just eating what is comfortable and whenever I want. Just at first. To make sure I am doing everything ok..I decided trying to restrict things at certain times could be a failing effort-I did not eat anything last week that was not primal bp acceptable....I am breaking new ground!
    Yesterday I had 3 oz turkey patty with 3 bacon pieces and 3 eggs( 3 has no special meaning)
    later that afternoon had handful of macs with 1 piece of dark chocolate
    boiled egg with some rotis. chicken for dinner
    but then we went target shooting with some friends and they invited us to dinner! I told them I would bring a steak big enough for all four of us, well five counting my son. I did-$7 top sirloin that fed all of us with leftovers- so i had some of that- and it was good!
    Anyway- I am off today and gonna spend some much needed time with my Rocky! Cant wait=) I hope all is well with my fellow groks! Have a great day!
    Song for the day- jack johnson -angel it just seems fitting for my mood right now- happy yet subdued.
    later
    a

Ahhhh, love Jack Johnson!! Was just listening to his On and On album this weekend. You sounds so primal toting your son around haha. I am also very impressed you fed five people off $7!! Good work.

"“The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.” - Muhammad Ali

Alison is offline Member
    girl Im tellin ya! we were all talking about that last night! I have a hometown butcher here, while probably not grassfed, it does come straight out of the box packed and fresh, not even cut yet. we can special order things to be ground up or cut the way we like it. not to mention being able to afford the meat! it is so good and so fresh=) oh yeah since hunting is huge here in Ar. if we kill anything during season, say deer for instance, they will ground it up or make sausage for you, pretty much whatever you want! There are benefits to living in a small town... I know them by name=)

Alison is offline Member
    So I haven't written in a few days, but thats not to say I didn't live primally! I just have so little time in the day to do everything I want. Most of my time at night has now been taken up reading Gary Taubes books. I haven't exercised either, but still feel great. I am currently trying to keep my carbs under 20 net right now...its only been two days and so far so good....no nuts, only about 1-1.5 oz dairy if any, and the rest...well you know the story. I guess its an Atkins like thing without all the Atkins bars and semi-processed foods. Oh yeah! Small victory for me last night! My future mother-in-law had her birthday last night and NO CAKE FOR ME! but that really wasn't a challenge seeing as how I really don't like cake anyway=) I just felt bad not taking a piece when everyone else had one....and seeing as how only 5 did...it was a little awkward being the only one turn it down! on the flip-side they know I have to get into a wedding dress in July! Whoop Whoop!!

My food intake has been good these past few days....
    I enjoyed some brisket with green beans and bacon one day
    had lots of salads with HB eggs and bacon and avocado
    salmon and omelets
    and last night I made "fajita boats"- I put a chuck roast in the slow cooker with a fajita rub, olive oil, garlic, anaheim pepper, onion, and one can of diced organic tomatoes. smidge of bacon grease- 4.5 hours later =deliciousness made some guac. and put all that in romaine boat leaves sprinkle of cheddar sooo gooodd!
    well today is going to be an awesome day...for no reason whatsoever...it just is..until it proves me different...and it will take alot to do so!
    Own it GROKS!!
    a

Awesome!! First of all, congrats on the wedding in July!! You will be all groked out walking down the aisle haha.

Wanted to ask you what you think of Gary Taubes book! I have had it for two months but have only read about 20 pages of it. I find the beginning kind of dry, not like reading the Primal BluePrint or anything, but I think there is a lot to learn from it. Maybe I will start reading it again!

Alison is offline Member
    Sooo it's been almost two years since I have posted in my journal! Reading back I was and still am pretty enthusiastic! Just thought I would make a re-entrance. Anywho, last I posted how excited I was to be getting married-well I'm divorced now...JUST KIDDING!!. No, still in love and a pregnancy later, I am hoping to do what's best for my kiddos. Anyway it's late tonight maybe I will post more tomorrow.
    Laters baby
    ~a

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12