Primal Fuel
    Beginning Stats: (01/27/11)
    Height: 5' 5.5"
    Weight: 158 lb.
    Bust: 37.5"
    Waist: 33.5"
    Hips: 40"

Goals:
    More accurate, improved goal: To reduce body fat (especially abdomen and thighs) and increase muscle mass so that I am reasonably lean and trim by my birthday
    Original goal: To lose approximately 30 pounds by my birthday (the big 50, in September)
    Improved overall health

Methods:
    Primal diet and IF
    martial arts training + primal strength workouts

Current Challenges:
    Overeating
    Asthma attacks limit workouts
    Last edited by inquisitiveone; 03-09-2011 at 09:33 AM. Reason: clarity

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Are you taking vitamin D3? May help asthma.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

inquisitiveone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist View Post
    Are you taking vitamin D3? May help asthma.
    Yes; I've been taking it for about three years now.

Another challenge: corn. If there are tortillas or chips in the house, I cannot resist them. For now, I'm working on limiting how much I eat in a day.

No corn yesterday! I'm happy about that. Tonight I'll have salmon for dinner, probably broiled and with a garlicky mushroom sauce. Not sure what veggies to have with it.

I'm itching to see if I've made any progress in losing weight, but will not step on the scale just yet. My face doesn't look any slimmer, and it usually does reflect weight loss, so I'm avoiding possible disappointment. My jeans feel a little looser in the waist though.

Two days in a row without corn—and there's some crisp tostadas in the house, so it isn't as if I'm accomplishing this without major temptation at hand. I also noticed yesterday afternoon that I was overeating again, so I was extra disciplined about not snacking after dinner. I didn't go to bed with an unhappily full stomach, which felt good; and surprisingly, I didn't feel as hungry this morning as I have other mornings.

I have joined the Worldwide Pullup Challenge of 2011. If memory serves, I've never done a pullup (or a chinup) in my life, so this will be a big challenge for me.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I went to the park this morning to try one out and major fail. I just hung there. I was glad everyone was still sleeping when I went.
    Georgette

I was glad everyone was still sleeping when I went.
    Aw, you're doing a good thingódon't be embarrassed over it!

How long did you hang? Doing that helps build strength too. Every small step gets us closer to our goal.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I may have hung for a few seconds. I wish there would have been a bench there so I could have tried negatives. Oh well.
    Georgette

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by inquisitiveone View Post
    Two days in a row without corn—and there's some crisp tostadas in the house, so it isn't as if I'm accomplishing this without major temptation at hand. I also noticed yesterday afternoon that I was overeating again, so I was extra disciplined about not snacking after dinner. I didn't go to bed with an unhappily full stomach, which felt good; and surprisingly, I didn't feel as hungry this morning as I have other mornings.

I have joined the Worldwide Pullup Challenge of 2011. If memory serves, I've never done a pullup (or a chinup) in my life, so this will be a big challenge for me.
    Yay you! We are going to get those chins over those bars.

Robin

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast