Thread: Marathon lessons page

floridapiper is offline Member

Marathon lessons

I want to thank those who have posted advice about marathons on the forum and answered my questions - the comments were very helpful. I ran my marathon yesterday, and did better than I expected. As recommended, I did not change totally to primal before the race, so no low carb flu.

I had read that the CW idea is "calories in caolries out" in terms of weight loss - so I always approached my runs looking for a calorie deficit - even during a marathon. This time I just made sure I took in adequate nutrition before and during the race, and so avoided the depleted feeling I have experienced in several marathons. What a difefrence!

Now the experiment will be to go full primal and see how my running goes...

runnergal is offline Senior Member
    good luck!
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Congratulations! Not too many people have what it takes to train for and finish a marathon.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.