Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Barefoot dress shoes? page 4

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Can't you call anti-barefoot bedazzling racist or something? I'm sure there are many companies and bosses that are always innovating adaptations to stupid rules and protocols exactly because the rules and protocols are consistent only with 19th century british ruling class metro-sexuality.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    Can't you call anti-barefoot bedazzling racist or something? I'm sure there are many companies and bosses that are always innovating adaptations to stupid rules and protocols exactly because the rules and protocols are consistent only with 19th century british ruling class metro-sexuality.
    Put. Down. The. Pipe.

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    I would bet you money that the first thing Grok crafted after crafting fire was a pipe.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Mountain is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diechipmunk View Post
    I've been buying Clarks and Born shoes for several years now, I've never had more comfortable shoes. All my foot issues have cleared up since I've left the usual dress shoe makers. I've started wearing Merrell barefoot sneakers for a couple of months ago, and I swear I've starting to notice the elevated heal in my shoes.

The Primal Professional shoes look great, but I'll need to try them on and handle them before I consider laying out that kind of money on shoes. Good luck with the company, we need more natural shoe options!
    Did you know we offer 365-day free returns & exchanges?

piggy is offline Senior Member
    Imagine having to wear high heels at work. I am frowned upon when wearing flats, and I think that this is one of the few things I can't go primal on. I sure keep my flats in my bag and get rid of the heels as soon as I leave the door of my office building but is just the best I can do.
    From a woman's point of view, Clarks have gone a long way into designing nice looking shoes that are also comfortable . .
    I am still waiting for the primal 12cm heel . .

Sent from my Nexus 4

Mountain is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tplank View Post
    I would disagree with "ludicrous" myself. A good pair of men's dress shoes will set you back half of that. For something specialized like this I would certainly expect $250. I am grateful that I no longer wear suits on a regular basis, otherwise, I'd be spending this $300...and I am not a man of means in any sense. If their quality matches their description, the shoes will last a very long time. I did wear a suit daily for a very long time and I always found in shoes that buying cheaper shoes was more expensive in the long run.
    Thanks for this!

I'd also like to note that our shoes are resoleable. For most shoes, and especially for minimalist shoes, the sole is the first thing to wear out. What good is all that full-grain leather and strong stitching if the bottom is worn out? When your pair of the Primal Professional needs a new sole, send it in to us. We’ll remove the old sole and attach a new one. Not only that, but we’ll also refinish the upper, fix any stitching that may have come loose, and replace the laces. For a fraction of the price, your shoes will be good as new, and you can do this over and over again.

twa2w is offline Senior Member
    Mountain, are you in a position to ship your first orders in June this year??

Aldergirl is offline Senior Member
    You looked at the Soft Star (RunaMoc) shoes, right? I have their Merry Jane ones, any they are great. My husband has the male "dress" shoe version. You can actually customize the color, too. Here's their brown and black versions.

You can have them make them as huge as you need them to be. They hand-make these in Oregon, and they are all leather and $97. Soft Star Shoes - Smooth Black Dash RunAmoc | Soft Star Shoes

Diechipmunk is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldergirl View Post
    My husband has the male "dress" shoe version. You can actually customize the color, too. Here's their brown and black versions.
    While those look very comfortable, and the hand made is appealing; "dress" is rather a rather optimistic description. I'd rank these as business casual.

fifer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have black leather Vivobarefoot Oaks. I have worn them with black suit and tie to perform music professionally at weddings etc. No-one has said anything.

I used to wear old fashioned leather brogues, and I took the heels off to make them flat, but I can't walk in them the toes are so narrow.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234