Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Barefoot dress shoes? page 3

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyEater View Post
    Those aren't bad. They may be in my husband's future. I just ordered my first pair of minimalist shoes (Merrell Pace Glove) and he's been expressing an interest in VFFs for running. I've always tended to wear supportive shoes according to CW but I go barefoot at home. It seems I have fewer foot problems than the folks I know that wear shoes all the time. However, running has never been comfortable for my feet. I'm curious to see if I can enjoy it more without running shoes. At the very least, the pace glove is a doable work shoe for me. Software engineers don't give a shit what's on your feet.
    I love my Merrells. I have 2 pairs of the Pure Gloves, one pair of the Pace Glove's and one pair of the Contour Glove's. I've worn them all to work, but we do have a casual dress environment.

tplank is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainer View Post
    I admire your initiative and would love to have a pair, but $300 is just ludicrous and out of my budget.
    I would disagree with "ludicrous" myself. A good pair of men's dress shoes will set you back half of that. For something specialized like this I would certainly expect $250. I am grateful that I no longer wear suits on a regular basis, otherwise, I'd be spending this $300...and I am not a man of means in any sense. If their quality matches their description, the shoes will last a very long time. I did wear a suit daily for a very long time and I always found in shoes that buying cheaper shoes was more expensive in the long run.

Diechipmunk is offline Junior Member
    I've been buying Clarks and Born shoes for several years now, I've never had more comfortable shoes. All my foot issues have cleared up since I've left the usual dress shoe makers. I've started wearing Merrell barefoot sneakers for a couple of months ago, and I swear I've starting to notice the elevated heal in my shoes.

The Primal Professional shoes look great, but I'll need to try them on and handle them before I consider laying out that kind of money on shoes. Good luck with the company, we need more natural shoe options!

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    I've had my eye on these for a long while. Barefoot Dress Shoes - Minimalist Shoes for Men | TUNEfootwear

Next time I have $110 (with shipping), they're mine.

tplank is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I've had my eye on these for a long while. Barefoot Dress Shoes - Minimalist Shoes for Men | TUNEfootwear

Wow. Had not seen those. They look awesome. I'd love to hear a report if anyone has tried these yet.

Diechipmunk is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post

I hadn't seen these either, they look good and cost less than most traditional dress shoes. Definitely my next shoe purchase

Bet
    Bet is offline Junior Member
    Have you tried Dansko? They aren't 'barefoot' but they are very comfortable and they have dress shoes.

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tplank View Post
    Wow. Had not seen those. They look awesome. I'd love to hear a report if anyone has tried these yet.
    Me too, especially about the fit. The site says they run small and to order up one size. Bit of a pain if I have to send them back from Canada.

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    How about if you just get your feet painted and bedazzled and shit all fancy? Gold toe-nails and shit.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    How about if you just get your feet painted and bedazzled and shit all fancy? Gold toe-nails and shit.
    Didn't you just get fired? I think the point is that we want to have something physiologically appropriate to wear on our feet that lets us keep our jobs.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast