Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Barefoot dress shoes? page 2

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    merrell has the best looking minimalist shoes out there. Called the "tough glove" : http://www.merrell.com/US/en-US/Prod...ot-Tough-Glove
    Those aren't bad. They may be in my husband's future. I just ordered my first pair of minimalist shoes (Merrell Pace Glove) and he's been expressing an interest in VFFs for running. I've always tended to wear supportive shoes according to CW but I go barefoot at home. It seems I have fewer foot problems than the folks I know that wear shoes all the time. However, running has never been comfortable for my feet. I'm curious to see if I can enjoy it more without running shoes. At the very least, the pace glove is a doable work shoe for me. Software engineers don't give a shit what's on your feet.

theholla is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ctjwa View Post
    Those look nice, but I forgot to mention the very important detail that I am a male, and also wear size 14 US.
    Hahaha...the suit and tie thing should have tipped me off!
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

twa2w is online now Senior Member
    The terra plana button looks like it may work with a suit/tie. I am tempted to try but aweful pricey. I use vibram dress shoes - they have a heel but are fairly roomy and comfortable.
    http://www.terraplana.com/uk/mens/button-19.html/

cheers
    j

sanuk. boardroom model. look them up

ctjwa is offline Junior Member
    I've gotta be honest, I've looked at all of these suggestions and I just haven't found anything that fits what i'm looking for. I think a market would exist for a dress shoe with a really nice polished leather upper, no raised heel, and a softer and thinner rubber sole. Essentially it would be a fancy slip on loafer.

MightyAl is offline Senior Member
    I saw a guy somewhere on the interwebs that just took his shoes and cut off the raised heel. A lot closer to barefoot. Not a perfect solution but affordable and available.

norak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ctjwa View Post
    I've gotta be honest, I've looked at all of these suggestions and I just haven't found anything that fits what i'm looking for. I think a market would exist for a dress shoe with a really nice polished leather upper, no raised heel, and a softer and thinner rubber sole. Essentially it would be a fancy slip on loafer.
    I found this model (Pritchard) from Vans OTW collection in a store last week:

They are quite comfortable and have a semi-soft sole. As with all skate shoes, they are flat and pretty "close to the ground" (or board, as they prefer it). I think the faux heal is a really nice solution to make it more dressy but still maintain a flat sole.

I'm not sure how they would go with a suit, but they work very well with jeans/khakis and a dress shirt. I use mine as a dressier alternative to the Adidas Gazelle (which is also a great minimalist shoe, but the white stripes are not always suitable...).

I also think this model (Woessner) looks quite nice (I also saw it in the store):

My only objection to it is the white sole. If it had a black/dark sole I would have bought it also.

It's a shame that white sole sides is in fashion these days, because if they weren't, there would be so many models of skate shoes that would be perfect for "minimalist" footwear. I guess we just have to wait for the trends to change...
    Norak's Primal Journal:
    2010-07-23: ~255lbs, ~40.0"
    2011-11-03: ~230lbs, ~35.5"
    2011-12-07: ~220lbs, ~34.0"

Mountain is offline Junior Member

Hey folks,

If you haven't already seen us on Weekend Link Love, I'd like to introduce our shoes. the Primal Professional...

• is a shoe with dressy looks and barefoot comfort, the first of its kind.
    • has no heel, no arch, no thick sole, no narow tip. It just looks like it does.
    • is completely made in the USA, ethically and sustainably.
    • is assembled by a shoemaker known for quality and durability.
    • is ready for pre-order on theprimalprofessional.com, completely risk-free. If we don't hit $50K, we will paypal back your money. If we do hit $50K and you're not fully satisfied, we have a 30-day, 105% money-back guarantee.
    • needs your help!

In order to take the Primal Professional into production, we'll need to raise $50,000 from pre-sales and contributions by December 11 to pay for production equipment, or the shoe can't be made. Every little bit helps, and you can get cool rewards like Paleo Brands grass-fed jerky starting at just $20. Please feel free to share this with any of your crazy barefooting friends. Thank you for your support!

You can learn more about our story, product features, and pre-order now at thePrimalProfessional.com

We're also offering a Refer 2 Get 1 Free promotion! Check out our video update for more details, as well as answers to Frequently Asked Questions the Primal Professional -- Update 01, FAQ's - YouTube

Mainer is offline Senior Member
    I admire your initiative and would love to have a pair, but $300 is just ludicrous and out of my budget.
    You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Roa
    Roa is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Black shoes allows you to get away with more. Remove insoles, choose shoes with no heels, and perhaps a size too big, and no socks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast