Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: My "Get Awesomely Fit and Healthy" Primal Journal- end the binge eating cycle!!! page 3

BecomeYourDream is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    @likwidoxigen - wow 30lbs since Jan 3!! Congrats! I do have a trader Joe's somewhat near me and I will definitely check out their chocolate. I do love my chocolate. As for fake sweeteners, I actually do not use a ton. I dropped soda a while back and have never really missed it. I do love candy and sweets but I never ate them too often and now not at all. As for the full feeling, I know what you mean! If I binge, I feel like I can eat that crap and will still be hungry. Now that I have started eating primal regularly I totally notice that I fill up more easily and stay full longer.

As for the cheat meal, I think after these thirty days, I will throw myself a cheat meal once a week too. I only get nervous that it will turn into more than a cheat meal, haha. Do you have trouble with hunger or anything after your cheat meals? Is it easy to go right back to primal? and how "cheat-y" are these cheat meals?? I do feel like I can always recover with eggs! Delicious and absolutely primal.

Thanks for your input!!
    MY "GET AWESOMELY FIT AND HEALTHY" JOURNAL!

"Become Your Dream" - De La Vega

"“The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.” - Muhammad Ali

likwidoxigen is offline Senior Member
    Thanks I was pretty surprise to lose that much that quick, but the unexpected and awesome side effect is that my parents are taking it seriously and starting to make some lower carb life choices which really makes me happy. I got my Mom to really look at her diet and she realized that she's been literally living off fruit and the occasional grain. In just a week of adding meat she's gone from passing out at 7:30 to comfortably going to bed at 9:00 and still waking up at 4:30 no problem.

Yeah the Trader Joe's chocolate bars (the organic ones I haven't tried the belgium ones yet) are super yummy it's amazing the quality of what they have for the price. I'm a huge bargain shopper (it's like a hobby lol).

That's awesome that you were able to give up the soda and sweeteners! I had such a problem with wanting to go back to them I literally had to empty my whole house of the things. The only things I keep around are come cans of soda for when guests come who don't like the selection of water or nothing.

After my cheat meals the biggest 2 problems I have are headaches and I'll get super hungry between lunch and dinner the next day. The only way I've found not to go back to bingeing is to fill myself to bursting on veggies, usually the peas or on the bad days I'll add cauliflower less than an hour later. It's the only thing that really works for me. I tried snacking on soy crisps once.... that was a huge disaster. Ended up demolishing 5 of those "personal" sized bags right quick... So now I keep tons of frozen veggies around.
    I usually find it pretty easy to go back to eating primal because I never eat my cheat meals where or when I would eat my regular meals. I've always had a problem with getting "addicted" to certain schedules.
    Like i would come home from work and crack open a beer, then that would be it for the night (unless my buddy mike would come over). Or back when I smoked (yuck, gross right?) I would have one at night sitting on my back steps just looking outside and relaxing, but I wouldn't have them during the day or if I was at someone elses house at night. I would just get stuck in habits. So now if I eat a cheat meal it's in a specific seat on my couch/table or standing at the sink all primal meals are done from another location. When I go visit my parents at their house I don't sit at what for years was "my" seat, I sit at my brother's. I know it's pretty weird but it works for me. As soon as I put myself into a slightly different situation or placement I just start a good habit in that place.
    I love love love eggs as well, scrambled is my favorite or if i'm making a steak "sandwich" I'll use "poached to death" (so the yolk gets hard) eggs.

Sounds to me like you're right on track Keep it up!

@likwidoxigen - hey whatever works for you! I think its great that you have found a system that allows you to have a cheat meal and not go overboard. I am still working on that by just avoiding the whole situation and sticking strictly primal for now! After my 30 days I will edge back in. I totally get bad headaches, etc after cheat meals. You would think all the bad side effects I get from eating bad food would be enough to make me not want to do it haha. Apparently not!

Day 7 of 30 Sunday, February 20th, 2011

Well...I did not have the best night of sleep. My roommates were having a big party and then went out to the bars (I had a long day and tend to not like to drink a ton anyway, especially on my 30 days!). I knew it would be loud when they came back but I didn't know HOW loud! I woke up the my roommates rendition of "shout" - you know the one that goes "shout" a little bit louder now, "shout" a little big louder now...and eventually I felt as if my whole apartment was shaking! I had to laugh though, it is pretty entertaining to watch a group of drunk people from a sober point of view. Very funny. But seeing as that was 3:30am, I woke up pretty tired and couldn't go back to sleep.

Wake @ 9:30am
    IF Breakfast
    IF Lunch

Ended up making Mark's amazing chili - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/best-chili-recipe/

4:30pm - made another one of my egg burgers with 1/2 avocado, 2 eggs, 3 pieces of bacon, 1 grass fed patty and salsa.
    *@ Eisenreich- I want to make the Oopsie Rolls but it looks like most need cream cheese and I am not having dairy til after the 30 days, if I decide to! So I will hold until after that!

5:30pm - still hungry - had a big bowl of my chili and followed it up with a good amount of shredded coconut and 6 strawberries.

I definitely felt full after all of that. Probably was full before all of it. It could have turned into a binge but somehow it didn't! I ate only primal things and I didn't eat until the point I felt sick, just a little over saturated haha.

Thoughts: GREAT SUCCESS- I have to give myself a pat on the back for making it through the weekend, especially when there were temptations left and right! I feel really great about it and I cannot wait to start this week as well. Back to working out!

Planning on hittin' the sack around 9:30pm tonight.. try to recover from the late night performance my roommates put on last night!

Keep It Primal!

"“The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.” - Muhammad Ali

Great job making it through the weekend!!

When you fast through breakfast and/or lunch do you do a pure fast or do you have some nuts or seeds to keep you going?

@likwidoxigen: Thanks! Also,I do a pure fast. Sometimes have some tea (straight, no cream or anything) but I do not eat anything. It is so nice to not have to make breakfast in the morning and I may sometimes get a little hungry around 10:30am but its not bad and it goes away.Working out in a fasted state is also great. I never thought I would be able to do it but it gives me good energy and I take some BCAAs right before and right after so I can recover and also not lose my progress. Right now I am not eating nuts (for the 30 days- no nuts, no alcohol, no dairy, and then obviously no grains, legumes the usual). I LOVE nuts, but I want to see if I can go a month with out them because they can be a binge trigger for me and I always over do them. They are soooo delicious though! What are you fav nuts? - I keep hearing great things about macadamia nuts, I am a sucker for almond butter...

That sounds good. Sorry I keep forgetting you're ditching the nuts for the time being. Usually when I fast I'll have almonds/pumpkin seeds or macadamia nuts then spend 6 hours off eating skipping the next meal. How do you find the BCAA's? A really noticeable difference from not taking them? My fav nuts have to be Macadamia's. When I was a kid my mom would only let us have a couple at a time whenever they were around because "they're so high in fat and un-healthy". So now if I have a nut it's typically those. They're just hard to find not all sorts of doctored up. The Trader Joe's by me has been out for almost a month now and I picked the walmart clean of the only decent (not chocolate covered and no additive) ones.

@likwidoxigen: To be honest, I don't think I have really noticed much of a difference from BCAAs. I haven't been using them too long though. I am also really bad at noticing differences in things like that tho! We will see. I am definitely going to have some Macadamia's when I return to relaxed primal. I have a Trader Joe's about 45 minutes away. I like to take trips sometimes so I will grab some when I am there!

Day 8 of 30: Monday, February 21st, 2011

Wake @ 8am (9.5 hours of sleep)

IF Breakfast, no tea this morning because I left my travel mug at work!

Workout @ 9am (BCAAs pre and post workout)
    -5 minute warm up on stationary bike (level 8) followed by 5 :15 second sprints (level 14) each with a :45 second recovery!
    -plyo warm up

Circuit 3x
    Jump Squat with Dumb Bells (4x) 5 25lbs ea hand
    Abs- Variety
    Bosu Ball Lunges 6x 30lbs ea hand
    Chin Ups 5x level 6 on assisted machine

Circuit 3x
    Jump Rope 1 min
    Dumb Bell Row 8x 30lbs ea
    Lateral Raises 8x 10lbs ea hand

Lunch @ 1:30pm
    - a big bowl full of the delicious chili I made
    -a kiwi (I never really gave kiwis a chance until lately...love em!)
    -various supplements- fish oil, vitamin d, multivitamin

Dinner @ 7pm
    -this is where things got a little ugly. And by ugly I just mean plentiful while staying primal! I am questioning whether making the chili was a good idea. I know I have a habit of eating it in large amounts when I make it! Its just one of those things, and I made so much its like a bottomless pit...and so is my stomach when I eat it! So I had a small bowl of chili then I made some delicious scallops with old bay sauteed in garlic and EVOO. I put them over a bed of mashed garlic cauliflower. Well it was all so good but for some reason I felt the need to eat more chili after that!

-well I could have easily kept eating the chili until it was all gone. Or I could have moved on to the chocolate or almonds that are in my cupboard.. but I didn't. I feel super full and my tummy looks a little full too but while I kept thinking about eating more...I resisted. That felt good at least. I do hate this full feeling though!

Thoughts: Note to self: do not eat any chili tomorrow, it will probably end badly and next time make a smaller pot. Overall, things are going very well though. I am looking leaner...minus my full bell tonight!, and I am feeling pretty good.

Aight, off to do some laundry!

Peace!

I wanted to get some people's opinions on my "fitness" side of PB.

My schedule lately has been:

M: Lift in AM, Boxing class (1hour) PM
    Tu: Sprints AM, Boxing class (1 hour) PM Sprints generally consist of an interval type - 10 sprints total. Wait til my HR gets down to 120 and go again
    W: Lift in AM, Boxing class (1 hour) PM
    Th: Boxing class (1 hour) PM
    Fr: Lift and Sprint AM
    Sa: Stay active (hike or something)
    Su: completely off

I was thinking of taking out two of the boxing days and only boxing on tuesday and thursday because I have felt a bit worn down, tired, sore. Plus I have a bum knee and I get nervous of doing too much on it. Does anyone have any opinions or suggestions?

Thanks!!

Day 9 of 30: Tuesday, February 22nd, 2011

Today was good. I faced some challenges but overcame them!

Wake @ 7:30am

IF Breakfast

Lunch @ 12pm - 4 oz chicken breast, 2 HB eggs, 1/2 avocado and 3T Salsa

Snack @3pm - was feeling hungry still so I had about 10 kalamata olives.

Dinner @ 6:15pm - 1 can of herring filets (which I have never had but LOVED), 2 HB eggs, anddddd the good news is the chili is gone..the bad news is that its gone because I ate it all! I must have picked out all of the beef pieces yesterday because all I ate today was the veggie chili! Probably good because I literally haven't had a lot of veggies lately.

Boxing @ 7:30pm - lots of jumproping today. Also did some good bag work.

Snack @ 9pm - feeling hungry so I had two HB eggs

Overall, a good day. I still get a bit of a bloated feeling in my tummy and acid reflux from the chili. Maybe its nightshades? Tomatoes? Regardless, its gone now! Felt good in boxing, especially because I didn't lift and box yesterday. I think from now on I will do what I mentioned about and only box two days a week opposite the lift days. See how that goes, especially for my knee!

My challenges of the day were that we went into the campus store and there were all sorts of candy and gum. My coworker/boss/head lax coach bought some delicious looking strawberry gum- you know that new layer kind? Well it made the whole office smell like strawberries. I wanted some so bad, even took a piece out of the pack but decided against it. If I am sticking to everything for a month, I really want to do it. No artificial sweeteners! Just whole real food!

Tomorrow is day 10 already!! Can't believe it! I wanted to weigh myself on the scale but I am not going to. I will wait until half way through and see how I am doing, also in terms of body fat. Hopefully making some progress!!

Quote Originally Posted by BecomeYourDream View Post
    I wanted some so bad, even took a piece out of the pack but decided against it. If I am sticking to everything for a month, I really want to do it. No artificial sweeteners! Just whole real food!
    Fantastic work! That's always the hardest time to turn down the treats.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast