Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: My "Get Awesomely Fit and Healthy" Primal Journal- end the binge eating cycle!!! page 2

Alison is offline Member
    Shop Now
    oh yeah We Weigh almost the same too!

BecomeYourDream is offline Senior Member
    Haha! That is so crazy! We will embark on this return to primal life together! Nice to have some buddies!

Day 4 of 30, Thursday, February 17th, 2011

I cannot believe the week is almost over!! TGIF tomorrow!!! One day closer to the weekend which is my usual breaking point. Not this time! I am going to solve that problem by keeping busy on Saturday and doing a 24 hour IF on Sunday- will give me a lot of free time to catch up on some reading and good old television!

So here was my awesome Day 4!!

Wake @ 8 am (8.5 hours of sleep)

IF Breakfast, had what is becoming my regular- hot cup of green tea!

Workout- 40 minutes on the treadmill (Which I hate, but hey, it allowed me to read and exercise) -walking at 3.0 speed, 3.0 incline while reading "The Fighters Mind: Inside the Mental Game" by Sam Sheridan. A recommended read for competitive athletes out there! It is an awesome book about the psychological side of sports like boxing, mma, wrestling, ultramarathons, etc. Also "Mind Gym" by Gary Mack - read it all the time as a competitive DI collegiate athlete.

Walked to Lunch- 15 minutes

Lunch @ 12:20pm - romaine lettuce "canoes" with 5 oz ground lamb and sauteed bell peppers and onions (in coconut oil of course)

Walked back from Lunch - 15 minutes

Snack @ 5pm - 1 HB egg ( was really hungry in the middle of lax practice!)

Dinner @ 7pm - MY NEW PRIMAL CREATION!! (I tried to post a picture but I am computer challenged some times and couldn't figure it out) It consists of:
    -2 overcooked (Fried) eggs- this acts as my "bread"
    -1 grass-fed beef patty
    - 1/2 mashed avocado
    -3 pieces of applegate organic sunday bacon
    -1 or 2 T of salsa
    - You make a burger using the two eggs and it is sooooo good. It is my new favorite meal and includes some of the best things ever- EGGS, BEEF, AVOCADO, BACONNN, and salsa is the best primal condiment out there
    -Some how I made it through boxing half an hour later after that meal

Boxing @ 7:30pm
    -jump rope, lunges, squats, shadow boxing with resistance bands, lots of bag work!

Bed @ 11:15pm

Thoughts: Great Day over all. The sun was shining and it was 61 degrees out! We had practice so I got to be outside for 2 hours. The joys of being a coach for a living! I was really hungry this morning but waited it out and the hunger went away. Its amazing how your body adapts. I was a little hazy after eating lunch, but I have always had some issues adjusting to primal, hopefully that will go away. Plus I created my new favorite meal today!!!!

Can't wait for Day 5. TGIF Everyone!!
    MY "GET AWESOMELY FIT AND HEALTHY" JOURNAL!

"Become Your Dream" - De La Vega

"“The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.” - Muhammad Ali

Here is my egg burger creation!! - It may look like a sloppy mess, but it was a delicious sloppy mess!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

"“The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.” - Muhammad Ali

Alison is offline Member
    Man that burger really makes me salivate! Trying to find a good eating window for me so I didn't have breakfast...sure makes me want something=)

eisenreich is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BecomeYourDream View Post
    Dinner @ 7pm - MY NEW PRIMAL CREATION!! (I tried to post a picture but I am computer challenged some times and couldn't figure it out) It consists of:
    -2 overcooked (Fried) eggs- this acts as my "bread"
    -1 grass-fed beef patty
    - 1/2 mashed avocado
    -3 pieces of applegate organic sunday bacon
    -1 or 2 T of salsa
    - You make a burger using the two eggs and it is sooooo good. It is my new favorite meal and includes some of the best things ever- EGGS, BEEF, AVOCADO, BACONNN, and salsa is the best primal condiment out there
    -Some how I made it through boxing half an hour later after that meal
    Love it, will be making this one soon. If you want to try another variation on "bread", check out Oopsie Rolls:
    http://www.google.com/images?rls=ig&...ult_group&sa=X

TGIF, have a great weekend

Those look AWESOME. I'm totally down with the Oopsie Rolls. I will try those out this weekend! TGIF! It is 70 and sunny in Maryland. Couldn't ask for a better Friday!

Day 5 of 30: Friday, February 18th, 2011

Today was SO beautiful out. It was pushin' 70 and the sun was shining! It felt good to get some natural Vitamin D. Was able to spend 2 hours outside with lax practice. Lets hope we have seen the last of winter...

Wake @ 8am (8.5 hours of sleep)

IF Breakfast- had some hot green tea

Workout @ 10am (had 3g BCAAs pre and post workout)
    -sidenote: REALLY did not want to workout today, felt loafy and tired, but I knew I would feel better if I did it. Sure enough, after warming up, I was good to go and felt better than ever after my workout! Gives me new energy and even makes me less hungry.

Warm Up- 6 minutes on stationary bike

Circuit - 3x
    Squat Press 5x 25lb ea hand
    Abs- variety
    Lunges 6x 25lb ea hand
    Inverted Row 8x

3x
    Step Ups 8x ea leg, 20lb ea hand
    Seated Rows 6x level 7
    Forward Raise 8x 10lbs ea hand

Sprints
    4x Flying 40's - pick up speed over 10yds, sprint for 40 yds, decelerate
    4x In and Outs - pick up speed over 10 yds, sprint ~5yds, float ~yds, sprint ~5yds, float ~5yds for about 60-70yds
    *haven't sprinted in a while due to the weather. It felt good, a different kind of tired. I did it in my vibrams. I love them and want to wear them as often as possible but sometimes my shins start to hurt in them, and my knee. I am hoping my body will adjust to them.

Lunch @ 12:15pm
    -5oz can of salmon
    -2 HB eggs
    -1 Granny Smith Apple (my kind of dessert! atleast until the 30 days are over and I may indulge in some 90% dark chocolate!)

Snack @ 5pm
    -1 HB egg

Dinner @ 7:15pm
    -Bought a Rotisserie Chicken- ate the thighs and wings! SO good. Even ate the skin! (It was an all natural chicken from our local Co-op
    -@8:30 was still hungry- had an applegate organic sweet italian chicken sausage

Bed @ 11:30pm

Thoughts: Felt a little bloated after dinner. Not sure if it was the applegate sausage (lots of sodium) or just the large amount I ate. Aside from that, it was a good day. Knee is pretty sore and I am going to take this whole weekend off except maybe some blading. Thats right, I like to rollerblade. May be the only person who still does that but my friends and I used to do it all the time in college (a quick way to get to lax practice when you are in a rush!) and I haven't done it since I tore my ACL! Hopin' for a nice warm day!

Catch ya laterr

Day 6 of 30 Saturday, February 19th, 2011

Today was a rest day. That's for sure. So sore from lifts, sprints, boxing. I am taking the weekend off except for maybe some blading tomorrow, depending on the weather.

Had a super busy day today. We had practice early, followed by scouting at Johns Hopkins, followed by a giant team fundraiser dinner/silent auction that I organized with 115 people! So here is my day:

Wake @ 8am

IF Breakfast, hot green tea

Lunch @ 11:30 on the way to Baltimore
    -3 HB eggs
    -3/4 avocado
    - 4 pieces of Applegate Organic Sunday Bacon

Dinner @ 7pm
    -was at our team dinner and they didn't really have anything "primal" or if they did, it had some sauce all over it like the chicken. So I turned down the wild rice, crispy pecan sauce covered chicken, dinner rolls, ravioli, and unnatural looking cheese cake for 9 pieces of the mini bacon wrapped scallops and various veggies from the veggie platter (Broccoli, cherry tomatoes, celery, peppers) and some asparagus.

Soooo we are at the silent auction and I am trying to get the bids to go higher so I start bidding on some things. Well I ended up winning a $65 haircut at an Aveda salon for $35 and here is the kicker- a gift basket filled with italian chocolates and cookies. Great. Yes, I know, I love cookies and chocolate but not on day 5 of my 30 day primal challenge!! I know I know, I probably shouldn't have put the bid down, but I didn't think Id win! I didn't even check back on it.

Fast forward to my arrival home @ 10pm
    - my roommates are having a giant party for two of their friends engagement. There is lots of alcohol, LOTs of brownies, 3 large pizzas, and a giant cookie cake. Its my worst nightmare and greatest dream all mixed into one. Of course they all encourage me to eat this stuff, little do they know that I ALWAYS collapse on the weekends and give into my inner desires for crappy artificial food. So they nudge and nudge and I STAND STRONG! I even put my newly acquired italian cookies out on the table for everyone to eat! (I'll save the chocolate for day 31 )

So I am now upstairs, avoiding the food, planning on going to bed...even though I keep thinking about that delicious looking pizza.

I am DETERMINED to make it through this weekend. I have this feeling that if I can make it through a weekend for once, I will see that it is possible and everything will be a lot easier!

Wish me luck on Sunday!!!

Happy Weekend.

likwidoxigen is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by BecomeYourDream View Post
    Day 2 of 30 Tuesday, February 15th, 2011
    Question: Is there anything wrong with eating a lot of eggs? Because I LOVE them and could probably eat an omelet at every meal for the rest of my life
    I wouldn't imagine so. I have 4 whole eggs atleast 5 days a week usually with venison bologna chopped in. I only started this whole sort of thing on Jan 3rd and I've gotten rid of 30lbs. I've heard that you need to be careful with egg whites because you can actually develop allergies to them over time.
    I don't know about you but I have a cheat meal atleast once a week and what I do the next day is 4 eggs for breakfast, a supersized salad for lunch then i try and IF through dinner but if I get really hungry I'll make up a whey & Vegetable Greens shake and that will easily hold me till the next morning.
    And if you happen to have a Trader Joe's around by you their 73% dark chocolate is fantastic and a great choice when you just neeeed some sort of real chocolate.
    Do you drink or use lots of fake sweeteners?
    I used to drink tons of diet soda and use lots of splenda instead of sugar. I would always complain that I never felt full, I'd literally eat until I couldn't choke down any more and NEVER feel full. After I cut out all artificial sweeteners I started actually feeling full and I also was able to tolerate being hungry. I wasn't able to do that and would NEED to eat something which would end in me literally eating through a bag of doritos or some other chip. Also whenever I get the urge to snack now I just make my fav quick veggie (currently peas) and douse it in butter, pepper and salt and chow down with no guilt.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast