Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: My "Get Awesomely Fit and Healthy" Primal Journal- end the binge eating cycle!!! page 11

Bolter is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Great job of the 30 days. I am looking forward to watching you reach you new goals. Keep it up.
    Don
    Las Vegas Nv
    Primal Desert

tessdyer is offline Junior Member
    Hey, it happens to the best of us. I do want to say though, great job at the stopping. I know you're probably pretty peeved at yourself right now but I think not completely throwing in the towel, starting tomorrow, is a HUGE step. Recognize it and give yourself some credit.

I'm quite familiar with the situation which is why I've decided on that whole 80/20 thing. Otherwise I definitely can have that mentality of, well I slipped up... and really, there will just always be some sort of life situation that will present the opportunity. Anyway, I think the most important thing I've learned this past year is to figure out "what works for you". I've always just incorporated what I was told was the 'right' thing to do even when it left me miserable. That said, I'm still figuring things out:P So if being strict with this stuff, for the greater good of your sanity and for the long haul, is what will work for you then I'm proud of you for recognizing it! I wish I could do it. Cursed perfectionist mentality, always leading me to all-or-nothing.

And I commend you for the honesty lady; I'll have to keep that in mind when writing my recap tonight

Oh, and promise me one thing. Do not weigh yourself tomorrow. No matter what it says, you just won't like the answer. And you're going to want to do it. Best to move on! And keep motivating girls like me!

likwidoxigen is offline Senior Member
    You did fantastic making it through your 30 days!! Great job!

I know you may feel crappy about the binge but you handled it really really well. I think that shows the great progress that 30 days of being strict did to prevent you from falling into past habits. You're very aware of what you're eating and doing now so I'm sure you'll find your way back on track with ease.

JLB
    JLB is offline Member
    Hey there BYD... bad days try to get us... one binge and you caught yourself. Good job!! I couldn't have handled 3 jars of almond butter. In fact between almonds and almond butter I feel like I am trying to challenge myself to have control over it every time I bring that stuff home! Today is my 2nd day going back primal and not beating myself up for my past binge eating. I made it through it and thought of "Become Your Dream" when I had negative thoughts. Thank you for inspiring me and sharing openly and honestly. Sorry you lost the lacrosse game too... I'm sure you put up a great fight! Be good to yourself on Thursday!

BecomeYourDream is offline Senior Member
    @JLB - thanks for returning the inspiration! you are right, I am impressed that I stopped myself 1. before finishing the whole jar 2. i didn't leave my house to buy more bad crap haha. We can do this!

@likwidoxigen- thanks! hows everything been going for you?

@tess - I won't weigh myself! I know how that goes and I am glad that I was honest on here because it helps me get back on track quicker! Especially with all the positive vibes sent from you guys! As you will see below, I am making some adjustments to my rules so that its not completely a "30 day challenge" but more of a lifestyle. We will see how it works. I think I have found what my triggers are so if I stay away, and follow my rules, hopefully I will be good!

@bolter- thanks, the 30 days was definitely a success and I am excited to reach for my new goals!

Alright! Become Your Dream is back and with a new positive state of mind! I slept my binge off and woke up feeling great! Okay, no I didn't haha- I have a major headache, feel tired and let me tell you- if you lift or workout and then binge that same day- you are TEN TIMES more sore the next day (this has happened to me a number of times and my ass is killing me from lunges right now! haha). BUT, mentally - I feel great.

I appreciate all the feedback and I am glad that I stuck to my promise and posted about what I ate. I let the situation get the best of me - the whole "your done with your 30 days you can eat what you want" and "you just lost and are upset, eat it off". But I am back with a new understanding. First of all, almond butter straight outta the jar is a major trigger food for me and also, I am a "rules" girl. When I set rules for myself, I follow them. Its kind of funny since it is only me setting the rules for myself, and who really cares when you break your own rules right? But for some reason I do haha. So I am going to set up some rules:

On a daily basis I am going to do the following:

1. No grains
    2. No dairy (except I just bought a jar of ghee and I may use some of that)
    3. No legumes
    4. NO ALMOND BUTTER/no nuts in general
    5. No alcohol (I am making wine my exception, I don't drink it a lot anyway, but I just got a bottle) - but definitely no beer, liquor
    6. No sweets (gum, chocolate, etc)

Ok, now this is where I am going to differentiate from my challenge. Since I am always making my own food every day, doing my own shopping etc, - I will apply these rules to my every day normal life. BUT, if I am out to eat, or if something special comes up, or if I want to make something for a special occasion (I told my friends I would make new chocolates haha so I still have to do that!), I am not going to go crazy about the specific ingredients that are included (within reason). I plan on staying away from grains completely but if I am out to dinner and there was some butter in my meal, or a little bit of cheese in my salad, I am not going to go crazy about it the way I would have asked the waiter/waitress what they were cooking with haha. and without exception - NO ALMOND BUTTER STRAIGHT OUTTA THE JAR!! - thats how it always starts.

So here we go! On to Day 1 of my new "LIFESTYLE" - no longer a challenge
    MY "GET AWESOMELY FIT AND HEALTHY" JOURNAL!

"Become Your Dream" - De La Vega

"“The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.” - Muhammad Ali

sibylsybil is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations on your 30 days!!

As far as the binge, it seems like you handled it really well-- and one meal is so small compared to 30 days. That one binge might suck, but in the bigger picture, you're still awesome and have accomplished so much!
    Life consists with wildness. The most alive is the wildest. (Thoreau)

sibylsybil is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BecomeYourDream View Post
    My goal was to get to 125lbs and 18% body fat. I got measured today and here is where I am:
    Where do you go to get your bf% measured?
    Life consists with wildness. The most alive is the wildest. (Thoreau)

@sibyl- thanks! and when you put it like that, one meal isn't so bad (Even if it is like 10,000 calories haha) but in comparison to the 30 days its only a speedbump! Its not like one of my binge weekends! As for body fat- at the university I coach at they offer screenings. I bet at like a local fitness center or something you can do it- but it wasn't even like a bodpod or anything, it was just this little handheld thing you hold out in front of you. I bet you could buy it at a local health or fitness store. I think I might invest in one!

Well- here is my meal for the day! Time to flush this thing out. My binge hangover is KILLER right now. I feel so tired, achy, and out of it. Now I remember why I don't eat this crap...

Here is my sacrifice to the primal gods- getting rid of my temptations! See ya half eaten jar of almond butter, see ya half eaten chocolate, see ya raw almonds that I don't even like that much but eat because they are there!
    almond butta..jpg
    It felt pretty good to throw em away. Yes I know I know, I still have two jars of almond butter left. But they are unopened and they cost me some cash flow so I am going to save them for when I make things with them and not eat them straight outta the jar.

ALSO- I forgot to mention my last rule - NO COMPUTER AFTER 10PM. I have been going on the computer a lot later lately and then trying to go right to bed after. I usually go to bed around 11pm (except lately) so I want to give myself that hour to read, or do other things!

"“The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.” - Muhammad Ali

Thursday, March 17th, 2011 (HAPPY ST. PATTYS DAY EVERYONE!)

Wake @ 7:45am (Slept horribly after a sugar/shitty carbs binge)
    IF Breakfast
    Felt horrible all morning- super tired, sore, head ache, bloated, just generally unpleasant (great reminder for why I don't eat this way regularly!)

LOTS of H2O to flush out my system- definitely helped

Lunch @ 2:15pm
    -made some delicious red curry stir fry with cabbage, green peppers, zucchini and ground beef

Lax Practice- the good thing about coaching is I get plenty of vitamin D every day being outside for 2 hours!
    - I played in a scrimmage with my team for the first time in like 6 months! Felt good and there is no kind of fitness like getting in there are playing

Dinner @ 7pm
    -1 can of smoked kipper herrings
    -2 HB eggs
    -some sweet potato fries w/salt n pepper ( and a lil bit of ghee!)

Boxing @ 7:30pm
    -SO sweaty
    -did some roadwork- aka running then stopping and doing pushups then running etc.
    -LOTS of bag work

Home and ready for bed now. Definitely feel like I have finally started to recover from my binge hangover. I will feel much better after a good full nights sleep. I am sticking to my new rule and getting off the computer before 10. Will probably do some Good Calories Bad Calories reading. A little dry but very educational!

TGIF tomorrow!

JLB
    JLB is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Good job BYD! I am trying to look at this as a lifestyle rather than a challenge as well. The rules are great, I am trying to stay there too but I occasionally give in to a piece of cheese or butter. Almond butter sets off a binge every time so I just stay away! I actually have been trying to get off the computer by 10 too. I did it last night and slept so much better! Hope you have a great Friday! Cheers!

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast