Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I can finally hear my body page

healthy11 is offline Senior Member

I can finally hear my body

Primal Fuel
    Hello...

I just wanted to mention that PB has allowed me to finally hear what my body is trying to tell me, especially in regards to hunger.

I have tried for years to listen to my body's signals and the problem was that grains and insulin mask your body's signals and send it false signals that make you eat more.

Has anyone else noticed how much they can hear their body now??

Zophie is offline Senior Member
    Yes, I have! I will never forget during my first IF and feeling hungry. It was such a new and different feeling for me. Now I like it and think it is normal.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    This is big! This is really, really big! YIPPEEE!
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

BStoneFitz is offline Member
    a great point. all it takes is a short commitment to the primal/paleo way to realize what your body actually wants instead of what mass marketing tells your body what to want. it used to be a challenge for me to look at all the fast food/pizza/wing signs along the highway and not get hungry. now i don't even notice them most times. when i do, i kind of chuckle to myself about how the powers that be have such a stanglehold on most people. i find when i do stray, my body punishes me for it by not digesting well and not allowing me to sleep well! it wants whole, healthy, natural food

Paleobird Guest
    I find that the sensation of hunger itself feels different.

On CW diet hunger feels weak, shaky, and/or cranky
    On PB hunger almost feels empowering, very focused and clear. Like I could go out and spear a bison if needed.

hermanda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post

On PB hunger almost feels empowering, very focused and clear. Like I could go out and spear a bison if needed.
    YES!! +1
    And doesn't this make WAY more sense evolutionarily?? I remember thinking (when I used to be hypoglycemic and eating loads of carbs) what would I do if I was in the wilderness and I got hungry and I didn't have my power bar on hand? I LOVE the feeling when I'm fasting and am full of energy and drive. I've had so many forehead-slap duh moments since I discovered PB and Robb Wolf's site it's hysterical.

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    awesome!!!!

and yeah. so easy to figure out when primal.

beachrat is offline Senior Member
    Exactly. That first thing isn't hunger at all. And, I knew that but I didn't understand it like I do now.

I travel a lot, to weird places, and hate to eat in restaurants alone. So, I lived mostly on nuts, tuna or sardines, and good-ish cereal bars on many trips. I just thought I was lucky that I never really got "hungry" when I wasn't eating, but now I recognize that my stomach actually LIKES to be empty between meals, and I function WELL when I treat food as a fuel instead of building social/work/life events around empty calories.

Integrating your body's messages with your active decisions is one of the greatest benefits of primal.

(I still <3 primal sleep the very most!)
    "If man made it, don't eat it." ..Jack LaLanne
    "It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are.
    If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong." ..Richard Feynman

beachrat's primal journal

AnonymousJ is offline Junior Member

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by healthy11 View Post
    Hello...

I just wanted to mention that PB has allowed me to finally hear what my body is trying to tell me, especially in regards to hunger.

I have tried for years to listen to my body's signals and the problem was that grains and insulin mask your body's signals and send it false signals that make you eat more.

Has anyone else noticed how much they can hear their body now??
    I just restarted the primal diet today after months of eating rubbish, and I realise that I'm not that hungry when I don't eat grains (surprise surprise), and that I don't really need such copious amounts of food. It's brilliant.

mummybeelee is offline Senior Member

Yes! This totally!!
    Pre PB hungry was a desperate "Must eat something right now. Preferably something containing a lot of sugar" and the weak, shaky feeling was horrible. If I tried to ignore those signals, I would feel so spacey.

Now..hungry is more like my stomach sends a little "Hello up there, is there anything happening about a meal any time in the next few hours?" No desperation, no rush and plenty of time and energy to fix something healthy and delicious or indeed forage or hunt for the next meal if that were necessary.

By the same token, "full" feels so different now. No longer bloated, stuffed, drowsy. Now it is more a "Ahh, no longer hungry, that food was delicious, what shall we do now?"

Awesome stuff!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast