Thread: Australian meat, vegetables/fruit concern. page

LockieKermit is offline Member

Australian meat, vegetables/fruit concern.

Primal Fuel
    Well Im 16 and i like to stick loosley to primal, but thats not really my question.

http://www.wwf.org.au/news/australia...us-pesticides/
    this article makes me nervous.

Generally I thought we were pretty good with out food because we have massive landmass and a really small population but we are definitley behind in the times.
    We are using growth hormones and pesticides in our food that are banned in other countries.

When Im older, and a millioner I will be able to buy organic fruits, vegetables and meats. However, even if I drop of the primal bandwagon I dont relish the thought of eating poison disguised as food along with flouride and other additives dumbing me down.
    Should I worry?
    Last edited by LockieKermit; 02-13-2011 at 12:02 AM.

Dave_o is offline Senior Member
    Relax.
    Australia imports so much fruit and veg you've probably never eaten anything local in your life.
    Better off examining the horticultural practices of China, Brazil, Italy or Vietnam ect since so much of their stuff winds up here.
    The fact that a country with our resources imports in the order of 1.5 billion worth of food a year (vastly more than we export) is utterly fucking retarded.

LockieKermit is offline Member
    lol. No offence but I dont reallt trust any of those countries
    Dave_O doyou buy only organic stuff? Do you drink tap water? I need some ideas
    I love in slightly (I mean just slightly) outer suburban melbourne. Not a farm in site.

Thankyou

peril is offline Senior Member
    WWF is an alarmist ginger group. I would seek corroboration before getting worried about anything they publish
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Dave_o is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I live on an acre of land so we try and grow what we can, staples like greens, capsicum and tomatoes that we eat almost daily.
    We get our eggs straight from the farm and use a good independent butcher, plus we're on tank water.
    Is it all organic and utterly pesticide free? Nope. And there's no way I'm forking out three times the cost for it either.
    Look, eat as much unprocessed food as you can, wash your fruit and veg before you eat it and you'll be fine.

Don't get swept up in this purist mindset that say's you'll die of cancer of everything at age 30 if you don't consume fish from some pristine mountain stream in the middle of nowhere that costs $50 a kilo five times a week. The stress of worrying about it will kill you sooner. Just do the best you can.

Like peril say's, a lot of these studies are blown out of proportion and based on dodgy research to say the least. Take it with a grain of salt.